• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drpepper
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2005

From Trial Version to Purchased Product

After spending about 2 weeks learning all I can of SUF 7, I'm impressed with it's current capabilities and it seems to be very well supported. I'm convinced the product will be able to handle our current needs and it seems to be flexible enough that it will be able to adapt to any future changes or needs that we may encounter in our environment.

I am going to strongly recommend that my company purchase this product. But, I have few question:

During my trial testing, I have already created several custom projects, screens and scripts which I will, of course, want to integrate with the purchased version. Are there any issues that I need to be aware of when I update? When removing the trial version from my PC, is there any possibility of losing any data whatsoever associated with the trial version? (Registry entries, license files, etc?). Will I have any problems implemeting setups created with the trial version? I'm hoping that any trial version project files I've created will work without modification and will simple load as they are into the registered product. Can you tell me it will be so?
  • Steven Carr
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2001

If i remember correctly the Trial and Full installation are installed as seperate products and in seperate folders (Trial has the word Trial attached to to in install keys, folder names and shortcuts, etc).

So you should have no problems having them both installed during the transition.

If you do want to remove the trial first. Any script changes for installs are usually part of the project. If you have explicity saved scripts as seperate files then they will exist in the SUF7 Trial folders. Any new screens and themes will also be in this folder.

They are not hard to find and copy, backup and move into the new SUF7 folder. There should be not compatability issues. In fact items like themes are compatible between SUF7, True Update 2 and Visual Patch 2 which is really great if you make use of all those excellent products like I do.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Oct 2003

That's completely right. You won't have any problems loading projects you created with the trial version into the full commercial version.
      New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

Working...
      X