• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2003

unattended build HELP!!

I have a very complicated build process that I am trying to simplify. I was very excited to see that visual patch 2.0 allows unattended builds because I am trying to get my entire software build process to be unattended.

When I do a search for unattended build in the help or in the pdf, the only info I really get is:

For more information on performing unattended builds of your project, search for "Unattended Build Options" in the Visual Patch help file.

I need to know the format of the .ini file or whatever so I can build one!

I am looking to specify a folder of files to create the new patch from, and a version number for the new patch.

Thanks,

Max
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

Here's what the help file says:

Originally posted by help file
    /CONST:<<ini file path>>
    Lets you specify an INI file that contains design-time constants to override the ones in the project. You can define as many design-time constants as you want in the INI file, with each constant on a separate line beneath the [Constants] section. Each constant that is defined in the INI file must already be defined in the project file. For example:

[Constants]
    #OUTPUTDIR#=C:\Output\Foobar 2002\Release
    #PATCHNAME#=foobar2002patch.exe
    #BUILD#=release

When you use the /CONST option along with /BUILD, the specified project file is loaded into Visual Patch, the constants described in the specified unattended-build INI file are set, and the patch executable is generated-all without any interaction.

For example:
    "C:\Program Files\Visual Patch 2.0\VP20Design.exe" /BUILD "C:\TestProj.vp2" "/CONST:C:\MyProj\Config.ini"
    (I found this by looking for "unattended build" in the help file index.)
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• max
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2003

Thanks for the info.
      What I really want to do is be able to create a new release number, add files to it, and then build the patch. All without human interaction.

Just being able to specify constants doesn't seem like its going to do the job.
      Is what I want to do possible?

Comment

• Brett
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jan 2000

It is not possible to add versions and files to a project outside of the GUI right now although that is something that we may add in the future.

Comment

• marbol
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Brett View Post
          It is not possible to add versions and files to a project outside of the GUI right now although that is something that we may add in the future.
          Is this something that can be done now? Without editing the XML directly?

Comment

• Lorne
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Feb 2001

Originally posted by marbol View Post
            Is this something that can be done now? Without editing the XML directly?
            Not without editing the XML directly, no. (However since the project file is XML, such a third-party external tool is definitely possible.)
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
            X