• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ianhull
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2004

What is the size of A4 in px?

Hi guys, does anyone here know the size of A4 in pixels?

I just can't seem to get it right and I have searched google aswell but there seems to be nothing.

Thanks in advance.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

A4 is a document format, as a screen image that's going to depend on the image resolution, for example an A4 document resized to:

72 dpi (web) = 595 X 842 pixels
    300 dpi (print) = 2480 X 3508 pixels (This is "A4" as I know it, i.e. "210mm X 297mm @ 300 dpi")
    600 dpi (print) = 4960 X 7016 pixels

And so forth. FWIW document formats like A4 are described by their print dimensions (millimeters), which is a whole different thing than screen images (pixels) so that's why you don't see anyone using pixels to describe A4. :yes

Comment

• JimS
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2003

I think that it depends on the resolution you are using. The physical measurement of an A4 page stays constant at 210 X 297 mm, or approximately 8.25 X 11.75 inches.

At 300 dpi, it should be 2475 X 3525 ((300 X 8.25) X (300 X 11.75))

Of course, you might want to subtract for your margins.

HTH

Comment

• JimS
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2003

Yea, what Corey said.
        Incidentally, I noticed that our pixel count at 300 dpi differs. I didn’t do the math, just pulled the numbers from Google, so Corey’s are probably closer to fact.

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

I think the ISO standard for A4 is 210mm X 297mm (8.27 in. 11.69 in.):
          LOTUS303 merupakan situs gacor server idn dengan pengalaman lebih dari 5 tahun paling direkomendasi slotmania Indonesia.

That's the main thing regardless of pixel resolution, is that it must print at "8.27 in. 11.69 in." to be A4. :yes

Comment

• ianhull
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2004

Thanks for that guys, I didn't realise that it had to do with the dpi aswell.

You do learn something new every day....and more than one thing if you come to IR.

Thanks again for your help.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

No problem, the main thing to remember is that there are print resolutions and screen resolutions, and they're different. At first I found that a bit tricky too. Anyhow when you are in Photoshop if you select the zoom tool (shortcut "Z") and then right click you'll see a "Print Size" option, this allows you to view your document at it's print (instead of screen) size anytime. Also if you open the "IMAGE SIZE" dialog it will give you the stats for both the screen size as well as the print size for any image.

Comment

Working...
              X