• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bundle
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2005

Stupid question

Sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's an easy one for the more exerianced members.
    I am trying this software out and all seems to go well but what I want to do is have a dialog box pop up when an operation has finished maybe to even say "Finished" how would I write this?
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. Check out these examples in the help file for the Dialog.Message action:

Comment

• Bundle
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2005

Thanks Corey! If I get those training CD's will they go over this stuff?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Yes, we use message dialogs in there to track various things. Best is to check out the free sample videos first, that'll give you a good idea of what they contain. Here's a few free samples:

This website is for sale! speedytraining.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, speedytraining.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• csd214
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2001

And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

If you have ordered the training CD’s you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CD’s. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by csd214
            And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

If you have ordered the training CD’s you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CD’s. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.

Tigg
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• csd214
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by TJ_Tigger
              Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.
              You are not the only one! (Dialog.Message is “the only” action I can use without the Action Wizard; no, the Debug options too!). Corey told about the API MsgBox; I just wanted to add the timed version as suitable for “a dialog box pop up when an operation has finished”.

BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by csd214
                BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol
                I posted it to the example forums yesterday. Hopefully it will appear early next week. I have not done anyting extra to it, but I did post the project file and a built file for those who may not have AMS6 to build their own. I will probably post the XML parser as well. I need to revisit he code and make sure that it is commented to some extent so it can be posted as a sample project.

Tigg
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
                X