• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hardev
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

is it possible

i know that u cant disable the left click in apms4 when u insert flash movies, however can you do it within flash???
    i read somewhere that it is possible to open a pdf document in apsm4 even if the user doesnt have acrobat reader installed.
    can this be done flash??
    if it cant, can i include flash player in my cd-rom and then prompt the user to install if it isnt already installed??
    i have a customer who is damm fussy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    i would like to aplaud indigorose for making such a great tool like apsm4. who needs director when you can have apsm4.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: is it possible

1. You cannot completely disable the context menu for any flash movie played back in flash player. AMS uses flash player to playback flash content.

2. You can't open a .pdf without using Acrobat Reader regardless of the host application. You can run acro32.exe directly from your CD rom though. Since you can do this in AMS I won't pursue whether/how you can do it in flash.

3. Check the Macromedia web site for details on distributing their software.

Thanks for the kind words.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

Possible 4: you can display PDF documents in a Web Browser Object, just like they can be displayed in Internet Explorer...which might (?) work even if Acrobat Reader isn't installed?

I'm not sure if that is handled by a separate ActiveX control, or if Acrobat Reader still needs to be installed first...you might be able to earn more about the requirments for viewing such "embedded" PDFs at Adobe's web site, or elsewhere on the web for that matter.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Bruce
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2001

Try looking here:
        GK8 Gaming official is the best trusted and complete IGaming platform with multi channel payments where you can play different games from multi provider only with single account.

Comment

Working...
        X