All the primer files are added to setup.exe, no matter of the build configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pww
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2005

All the primer files are added to setup.exe, no matter of the build configurations

Hi,

I have a strange problem and hope someone can explain it.

I have a project with 3 build configurations, and with 10 primer files included.
    There is only one .ico file included in all the build configurations, each of the other primer files is included in only one of the configurations (3 files in each configuration).

But when I make a setup.exe for some configuration, it includes all the 10 primer files - no matter if I make it from a .bat file or from the GUI.

In the primer files tab all seems to be normal, next to each file only one configuration is displayed - as I want it to be. But this seems to be ignored when setup.exe's are generated.

The log file shows that all the primer files are added, no matter which config I build. There are no errors.

I tested with an empty project, having nothing but the primer files. This resulted in 3 identical setup.exe's having absolutely the same size and containing all the files.

Now what I'm doing wrong? Or this is normal?
  • pww
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2005

I thought it might be something wrong with my installation, so I installed the latest SF 7.0.2 demo (downloaded today) on a fresh installed Windows XP sp2(with no other apps installed and none of the default settings changed).

I created a project with 2 build configurations, and 2 primer files - one file per configuration. But the problem remains - all the primer files are added to all the configurations.

Is this by design?

If not, I uploaded the sample project in case someone wants to take a look. It's a folder which contains the project file, primer files, build logs and the generated .exe's for both configurations.
    The exe's are the same size, and with only 6 bytes difference.

This is a big problem for my real project because some of the primer files are big and having them all in all the setups increases the .exe's sizes a lot. Hope someone can post a workaround, or at least confirm if this is the normal behavior.
    ------
    Looks like uploading failed so I put the file here
    Last edited by pww; 06-14-2005, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

We will look into that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X