• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin_SBT
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2002

Objectivity Database Queries from AMS4

This question is for Corey. We are using Objectivity Database. Is it possible to do interactions between AMS4 and Objectivity Database?? How?

Thanks in advance
  • Martin_SBT
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2002

Re: Objectivity Database Queries from AMS4

Here is more details on what i am trying to do. We are using a database engine from a company called Objectivity inc. i would like to know if it is possible to do some queries from my AMS4.0 project like listing the content of an object container, editing an object, etc... after reading the docs from Objectivity inc. it looks like there is a way to access an Objectivity DB using SQL, Java, ODBC. Anyone has an idea where i can start to look at to do what i want to do? Unfortunately, i am not an expert in java code neither in SQL databases. Any help is more than welcome.

Martin

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

I've never heard of that database personally. But that being said AutoPlay Media Studio can easily submit to or query from any database via one of the many fine scripting or programming languages out there. We choose PHP into MySQL but you can choose whatever you want.

If you are trying to integrate your database with anything from a web page to an AMS application you will need to learn some sort of scripting or programming in order to interface them.

Basically it's like this. Once you know how to query your database via any method other than it's proprietary admin, you'll be able to integrate it with your AutoPlay applications.

You can use a web language like PHP, ASP, JSP, or Perl, or you can use a fuul blown programming language like Java, C++, or Delphi, makes no difference to Objecticity nor AMS...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Martin_SBT
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2002

Ok, That's what i was thinking. It looks like i will need to either get a tut on the net or find a wizz in my cie that will do the coding for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Corey

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

For what it's worth I did a little reading up on Objectivity database and it seems like there's a few tutes around, so that might help...

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
          X