• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ondrovic
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Problem with flash

I am using flash mx and Sothink Glanda 2001 to make flash buttons to use with apm but everytime i insert one of my buttons i can get it to open the files that i set up or exit or etc. Any ideas/
  • unknown user
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2024

Re: Problem with flash

Please post your project files so I can diagnose the problem. Sounds like you aren't using fscommands though off hand.

Fscommands are the standard way for flash movies to communicate with host programs and are therefore the way that AMS 4.0 integrates with flash.

Simply use On FS Command > Get FS Comannd in your flash object actions dialog to pass commands to AMS...

Comment

• ondrovic
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2002

Ok here is a sample of something im trying to do all i really want to know is how to get the button to work right

10537-encrypt.am4

Comment

• unknown user
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2024

Oops you forgot the flash. Anyhoo if all you want is a working example, here you go:

Click here for file

Comment

• ondrovic
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2002

ok that helps alot but im not clear on to dosomething
          Im including a flash file that i would like to use as a 1st page but i want it to jump after the correct passeword is addes please help
          forgot to add iwould like to make it exit if its denied and jump to next page if graanted but you prolly knew that [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

10542-Password.zip

Comment

• unknown user
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2024

That's easy enough, is your password movie in flash or do you need to create a password system in AMS?

If it's in flash then simply create your movie to generate a given fscommand for AMS based upon he result of the password verification, i.e. "true" or "false" and then direct AMS to either exit or page jump based upon that response.

Comment

• ondrovic
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2002

okay but im fairly new to flash and asm but in my last post in included the flash file that i wanted to use.

Comment

• unknown user
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2024

OK here download the attached file. In this case I have ste it all up for you. Password is "BlingBling". Here's the actionscript I attached to the button:

on (press) {
                if (input == "BlingBling") {
                fscommand ("myResponse", "admit");
                }
                else {
                Fscommand ("myResponse", "exit");
                }
                }

You can see the code in the attached file for the AMS actions...

10547-password.zip

Comment

• ondrovic
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2002

still having a problem so i zipped up my full project take a look and let me know where im going wrong

10551-HARD DRIVE KILLER.zip

Comment

• unknown user
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2024

Well download the attached file and look at the code above. This is pretty basic stuff, and very easy to understand if you take a look at it.

If you still have problems simply reread the posts in this thread carefully and then re-examine the attached file.

If you still have problems after that simply PM me your name, AMS 4.0 registration info, and exact details of what you are having trouble comprehending in the attached file and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Comment

• ondrovic
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2002

thanks for all your help i got it now i was just trying to do way to much but again thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                      X