• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jiiri
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Newbie Q - Browse CD

Hey guys....Im new to this, and quite an idiot to boot.......

Here's my question:

How do I get it to play an mp3 as soon as the program is initialized, then continue running until someone turns it off with a button? Should I just embed flash in there with it, or is there another way? Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, what's the best way to have a 'browse CD' option? I've done it so that it opens as long as the CDROM is D:. How can I make it open the CD no matter which directory it's in? Thanks again [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

• Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Re: Newbie Q - Browse CD

Hi - to get mp3 to play, use:

mp3.Load ... and specify the file
    mp3.Play

Put it under Page Properties On Show.
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• Jiiri
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2002

Thanks Derek....this may be a bit too much.....but how can I get the same mp3 to continually play over more than one page? I want it to play as the user is browsing the interface. Hope this isnt out of my reach [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• AGRO
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2000

Use the same action for the Project/Settings/Actions , not the Page properties, it should play over the entire menu until told not to.

Comment

• zeroseven
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2002

yep [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And, if you want it to repeat, add the repeat action [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Jiiri
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2002

Thanks guys.....have a few more [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] What I'm doing is a wedding CDROM with pictures and video. I would like the song to play until a video is loaded, then I would like it to stop for the video. Dont know how to do that.....

Also, I know this is a really newbie question, but what action would I need to use to allow someone to download a file off the CD? Ive tried the zip thing, but I still have the problem where I dont want to specify a folder for it to shoot off to since a) I dont know where they want it and b) I want them to know where it goes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

Put an "MP3 - Pause" or "MP3 - Stop" action on the Media Player Object's "On Stream Open" event to pause or stop the MP3...then put an "MP3 - Play" action on the Media Player Object's "On End of Stream" event to start it back up again when the video finishes.

You could also just put the appropriate MP3 pause/stop/play actions on the same "buttons" that you're letting the user control the video with (e.g. pause the MP3 before starting the video when they click your "Play Movie" button).

You'd probably also want to set things up so the MP3 resumes playing if the user stops the movie (but probably not if they just pause it).

To allow someone to "download" a file off the CD, all you really need to do is copy it from the CD to their hard drive using a "File - Copy" action. You can let them choose a location by using a "Dialog - Folder Browse" action.
              --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Lorne
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Feb 2001

As for knowing what drive the CD is in, %SrcDrv% will give you that in this case.

You might just want to use %SrcDir% instead, though (the path that the AutoPlay app is running in).

If you put the file that you want them to be able to download in your Distribution folder, and then add it to your project from there, the path will be adjusted to use %SrcDir% automatically.
                --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
                X