• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CD_MANIAC
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2002

Scrolling Text

What is the best way to incorporate a scrolling text message in the Autoplay menu?
    I have seen this in the example provided(chrome mp3) but I don't know Flash. Any other way? I tried gif but won't import as an image file. Thnx!!
  • JBQuinn
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2001

Re: Scrolling Text

I use that quite a lot. Might be the long way around a solution, but I've had pretty good success making a "scrolling text" avi with Ulead Media Studio 6 and putting that on my intro pages. Then jump to the next page on avi close.

Comment

• CD_MANIAC
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2002

I can do that using Bryce 5 but it will just be a text scrolling movie without looping the same text during the autoplay. I make animated scrollings with Photoshop6 and Image Ready.

<--Click Attachment on left to see sample!

10199-Sample.gif

Comment

• Derek
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2001

you can set the avi/mpg to loop

... or ask Lorne about scrolling text .. he did put an example up but i cant find it
        -
        = Derek
        ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

You can do scrolling text by using the built-in MP3 player's On Progress event as a timer. (You can loop a silent MP3 if you don't want any music playing in the background.)

The only caveat is that the On Progress event only happens about once a second, which is pretty slow for scrolling text.

I've attached the quick example I made a while back. It isn't pretty, but it should give you the general idea.

10208-scrolling text.zip
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• JBQuinn
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2001

Saw your example. Hmmmm, never thought about lateral scrolling; mine runs from top to bottom and off the screen . . . kind of like the thing from the original Star Wars.

Comment

• unknown user
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2024

Flash does a great job of scrollers although that star wars intro perspective trick is not something you can easily do in Flash MX. BUT you can use any of the many 3rd party tools out there which create cool scrolling text and text effects such as Swish for example, and then simply insert that flash object into your ams.

If you open the chrome MP3 player template in AMS you'll see a working example of a flash scroller inserted into an AMS file.

Anyhow one more suggestion, if you're titling things a la video editor style then whoever mentioned using avi was probably right, there are tons of great video titlers out there and you can just plop that footage down in AMS...

You can also create scrollers with Javascript/Java which can be added to your web browser objects.

Comment

• CD_MANIAC
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2002

I refuse to use avi files because of the file sizes, I am trying out the Swish program for the Flash(thanks for the suggestion), so far I like very much.

Comment

• unknown user
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2024

Yeah but you can't do the star wars roll in Swish. Here, I created a flash file to demonstrate what JB Quinn was asking for. No other way to do this effectively that I know of than this. If anyone else would like to post examples of their start wars rolls and explain how they did them I would love that...

Here's the flash:

Comment

• Derek
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • May 2001

Top marks MC ... pretty darn good! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Trouble with Flash is it often seems to run very slightly 'sticky'. Or did you cut down on keyframes?
                    -
                    = Derek
                    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• CD_MANIAC
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2002

Wait ...confusion?
                      I started this post about animated gif's, JB suggested making an avi movie and explained as an example how he creates Star Wars rollovers and save as avi then incorporate into AMS4. I can see now though that you can import gif's into Flash or Swish to then save as Flash object to then display in AMS4 which is what I now understand. If this was confusion, sorry about that. Thank You Very Much Guys!!

Comment

• unknown user
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2024

I was approaching the question, "What is the best way to incorporate a scrolling text message in the Autoplay menu?"

I guess the answer depends on the context. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Glad you got what you needed.

BTW DJ : Sticky? Keyframes are not the issue framerate might be. But more likely you just need to shrink your stage a bit, try to keep full motion video at about 360 X 270 or so...

Comment

Working...
                        X