• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Video and Flash objects - white/black flashes

Hello.

This may never go away, but there are flashes of white or black (depending on the background color of the video or flash object) , sometimes lines, sometimes boxes, that momentarily flash when the cursor moves off the object.

In other words, moving the cursor over an object, flashes or disrupts (just slightly) the avi or flash object. I see this in preview and build.

Having seen this comment on the 3.0 forum, I'm wondering if there is a solution to this? or it's just one of those things?

This may not be a bug related to AMS and it's not a terrible problem, just an annoying one.

• Alan
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2001

Re: Video and Flash objects - white/black flashes

I also experienced this problem.

Comment

• Adam
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • May 2000

I have not been able to replicate this behavior. What kind of AVIs are you guys using? Are they very large? What codec were they compressed with?

With more information I may be able to shed light on the situation.

Thanks

Comment

• Michael
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2000

Hi Adam,

Really just about any avi and flash object. Run the build and move the cursor over them. I'm not sure it's a codec problem. It's probably about the framerate and processing that's working here. And maybe nothing that can be done.

In the past, I have used cinepak (and other standard codecs)for avi's. But I've just used a DV (small) file. "Slinging" the cursor around certainly does this. As the doctor said, "if doing that hurts, then stop doing that."

This is not a terrible problem, just a distracting one. People do play with the cursor while watching your videos on CD.

Using XP, 512, 1.4G (but actually happens anywhere.)
        Thanks.

Comment

• tbybee
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2000

I also experience this problem. I have numerous videos placed in my menus and they all now flash briefly when I mouse click objects. For instance, I have a volume control on my menu, but now when I click it, the video flashes before pulling up the volume control slider. I also have pause, play and stop buttons and each one of them causes the video to flash when clicked instead of just pausing. This has not been a problem with version 3.

Thanks

Comment

• Lorne
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Feb 2001

Is this in a converted project? If so, you might want to check for unnecessary page refresh actions.
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Derek
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2001

This has just been reported again under BLINKING AVI so i guess its an intermittent problem
              -
              = Derek
              ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Working...
              X