• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadDogDean
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2010

Order of reading information

Hey all,

Wondering about something tonight (and maybe others are too...)

When a compiled project loads, what comes first? Another chicken & the egg question you wonder??

No, actually I am looking at Globals vs. On Startup <- which one is read/loaded first and which one is dependant on the other?

Also, from more of a "experience" factor, is it preferable to define system variables, XML lookups, etc in Global or On Startup. So far I've had no trouble either way I do it... but the day will come when something doesn't work!

Cheers,
    MadDogDean
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

Ello mate

The sequence of events when starting an application are:

Globals
    OnStartUp
    OnPreLoad
    OnShow

And IMO, if its global, put it in globals, just to be sure :yes
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• MadDogDean
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2010

Still up eh?? Or "already up"??

I was thinking that, but words from the wise never fall on deaf ears. They may be crumpled and tossed in the bin, but... lol

Oh, btw, congrats on getting your old "RizlaUK" back. It's like finding that old pair of beat up sneakers in the back of the closet :yes

Cheers,
      Dean

PS. Here's a trivia question for everyone: What's the longest Globals file you've created & used??
      Last edited by MadDogDean; 12-18-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2006

Still up eh?? Or "already up"??
        Was "Still Up", now "Already Up", seems i get less sleep when im not working, want a lay-in in my house, you go to bed early!!

It's like finding that old pair of beat up sneakers in the back of the closet
        Hey, I hear that, nothing beats those beat up trainers, stink like a land-fill-site but heaven on the feet (im strictly Reebok Classic man, they look great when new, wear them 10 mins and they look 10 weeks old, but man, soooo comfortable!!)

Here's a trivia question for everyone: What's the longest Globals file you've created & used??
        Wouldn't like to hazard a guess, but i reckon it would have to be pretty huge to have any effect on performance, i tend to remove sections of finished code from globals and include them as bytecode scripts, but saying that, i have not done any real programming with AMS for a long time, just been messing round with plugins.
        Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

Working...
        X