• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MercuryUmi
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2012

some suggestions

AMS is powerful for RAD (I think so). But more powerful if it officially support multithreading and window layering. Is it possible in the future version?
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

I doubt it, lua in its nature is a single thread system but you can use lanes or coroutines (or another custom implementation) to achieve multi threading, dont see the point in IR waiting time with stuff that already exists

not sure what you mean by "window layering", if you mean overlapping windowed objects, forget it, its a windows limation not AMS
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Cybergraph
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Feb 2007

With "Window Layering" @MercuryUmi maybe refers to the possibility to use GDIPlus to obtain translucent windows elements, semi-transparent background with opaque controls and so on.
      We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
      But don't be scared: we are here to help.

Comment

• RizlaUK
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2006

yea, would be nice, if only windows supported such controls from stock, with a little sublclassing (ok ok, a lot of subclassing) you can make translucent controls ... its a lot of work tho!

Comment

• Cybergraph
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Feb 2007

Yes, but take in count that the FREE AutoIT already supports the creation of such interfaces.
          We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.

Comment

• RizlaUK
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2006

unfortunately, i don't give AutoIT as much attention as i probably should, i looked at it years ago then found PB, they seemed both pretty much the same in functionally but PB could compile dll's so it won and iv stuck with it ever since, type casted myself a bit i reckon but for my programming needs PB still gives me everything i need so i don't see me moving anytime soon, dont really have time to learn another language all over again anyway, too many fingers, to many pies!!

i will however go install AutoIT and when i do find my self with free time (or sick of looking at the same code page for hours..... it happens!!) i will re-look over it and see whats changed ... never know might even use it, sure i saw a lua include for AutoIT somewhere

Comment

• Cybergraph
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
              unfortunately, i don't give AutoIT as much attention as i probably should, i looked at it years ago then found PB, they seemed both pretty much the same in functionally but PB could compile dll's so it won and iv stuck with it ever since, type casted myself a bit i reckon but for my programming needs PB still gives me everything i need so i don't see me moving anytime soon, dont really have time to learn another language all over again anyway, too many fingers, to many pies!!

i will however go install AutoIT and when i do find my self with free time (or sick of looking at the same code page for hours..... it happens!!) i will re-look over it and see whats changed ... never know might even use it, sure i saw a lua include for AutoIT somewhere
              AutoIt is surely more powerful than LUA, it has tons of functions and add-ons.

The only disadvantage is that it has not a so easy event handling like AMS and has a primitive, non-native IDE.

Comment

Working...
              X