• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

StatusDlg not hiding.

I decided to add a StatusDlg to the picture Viewer project I posted earlier and it works very well when I select a folder that contains a small number of pictures. However, when I select a folder that contains a lot of images or recurse the subfolders, the StatusDlg does not hide at the end of the for loop.

Here is a snapshot of the code.

StatusDlg.SetMeterRange("1", pic_count);
    StatusDlg.SetTitle("Please wait while your pictures are loaded.");
    StatusDlg.Show(MB_ICONNONE, false);
    for i,pic in pic_table do
    ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", "Image" .. i, pic);
    StatusDlg.SetMeterPos(i);
    end
    StatusDlg.Hide();

Here is the full project if you want to try it yourself.

[EDIT] I wanted to add that the large number of pictures was over 1000 images.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

I added an Application.Sleep("1000") before the StatusDlg.Hide and it now works.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

Yeah there were some problems with the status dialog in the version you have. I fixed them up the other day. They will be incorporated into the final beta early next week.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

Thanks,

I upgraded to 0.5.5.6 and it still did the same thing. I will check it out next week with the final beta.
        TJ-Tigger

Comment

Working...
        X