• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Centauri Soldier
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2007

Go Lua!

So here's what I've been working on for the last week. This is the program that inspired and required the Box Action Plugin.

So what is Go Lua!?
    Go Lua! is an engine that executes lua scripts. This comes in handy when you have little things to do around your computer but don't want (or need) to build an entire program to do them.

Go Lua! can store session data and reload it upon request. It can also execute your scripts at specific intervals, just once or on demand.

You can execute your scripts by loading them through the interface or by simply left-clicking a script file from anywhere on your computer.

It also comes with a built-in function [GoLua.GetMyPath()] that can be called from your scripts that tells Go Lua! the path of the calling script. This is very useful if you need to perform actions on a calling script's directory.

Global variables are shared by all scripts and can even be called by newly-opened scripts.

Please read the help file about creating scripts and, specifically, the header data. Your script will not work if you don't include the five-line header in your script. I used Power Toys to add a ".lua!" entry in my New menu so i can create them with a right-click.

I've included an example script file (blank). Be sure to remove the .txt extension.

Please post all bug reports, comments and suggestions here. Once I feel it's ready for distribution, I'll build the installer and post it in the AMS Plugin Directory and AMS Plugin site and on my website. Thanks for trying it out guys.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Centauri Soldier; 09-20-2010, 12:16 AM.
    https://github.com/CentauriSoldier
  • Centauri Soldier
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2007

Here's a script example for easily creating group files. Very nice if, like my game project, you are working with many objects and need to create groups (for the Group Action Plugin) quickly.
    Attached Files
    https://github.com/CentauriSoldier

Comment

Working...
    X