• Jul 2003

Making a Slideshow with Voiceovers

AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Knowledge Base

Making a Slideshow with Voiceovers

Document ID: IR10048
    The information in this article applies to:
    • AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional Edition

SUMMARY

This article describes how to make a slideshow with voiceovers.

DISCUSSION

As an example, we will create a slideshow with voiceovers for each image. This project will require one audio file for every image, and one page in your project for every image that you want to display. On each page, create one image object which loads the desired image.

1. Create one page in your project for every image file you wish to display. In this example, we will have three images, and three audio files.

2. On each page in your project, create an image object which loads the desired image.

3. Create global variables:
      -- will keep track of the audio files

audio_count = 1;

--load desired audio files into a table

audio = {

"Autoplay\\Audio\\audio_file1.ogg",

"Autoplay\\Audio\\audio_file2.ogg",

"Autoplay\\Audio\\audio_file3.ogg"

};
    4. Create the following action in the On Show event of every page:
      Audio.Load(CHANNEL_USER1, audio[audio_count], true, false);
    5. Create the following script in the On Audio event of every page (except your last page):
      Input.SetText("Input1", e_State);

if e_State == "Finish" then

audio_count = audio_count + 1;

Page.Navigate(PAGE_NEXT);

end

When run, this application will load the first page and play the audio file. When that audio file is complete, the application will jump to the next page, and launch the audio file. This continues until the last page. Each image is displayed for the length of the audio file.

If you want to have background music playing in your application, insert the following code into the first page's On Show event (you will load the background music into a different channel than the voiceovers are being loaded into):

Audio.Load(CHANNEL_BACKGROUND, "AutoPlay\\Audio\\background.ogg, true, true);

Audio.SetVolume(CHANNEL_BACKGROUND, (255 * 0.25)); --sets the volume to 25%

KEYWORDS: AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0, Audio, Voiceover, Slideshow, Background, Music

Last reviewed: September 26, 2003
    Copyright © 2003 Indigo Rose Corporation. All rights reserved.
  • nahen
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

I was looking for information about voiceovers and came up with this post... anyway, what I wanted to say is that I found this website http://voice123.com/ to find voiceovers. I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about them, how effective they are.

Well, thats all... bye.

Comment

Working...
    X