• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ather966
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2014

PDF File is not opening in Adobe Reader

I am a NEWBIE here in this forum, as well as no knowledge about programing or scripts, I have pdf files in a folder and when I call this using a button it is showing in AMS and once it compile or publish it is not executing the pdf file, in other words it is not open at all.

I am using Windows 8.1 64 bits and Adobe XI reader as well as Acrobat, Do anyone in this forum can help me with commands to execute or write in AMS. Thanks in advance. quick response is highly appreciated.

Regards to All.. I like this program.. very good and useful.

Ather
  • Drag
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2011

try use this code
    Shell.Execute("AutoPlay\\Docs\\MyFile.pdf", "open", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);

Comment

• ather966
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Drag View Post
      try use this code
      When I use this command it opens the pdf file but only in preview I mean when AMS is open, but once I publish single exe or hard drive for CD, it is not opening.. but in task manager I can see adobe reader is there but still the file is not open. thanks anyway, need more help..

Comment

• claus707
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2012

Not sure, but try
        File.Open( _SourceFolder .. "\\AutoPlay\\Docs\\MyFile.pdf", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Comment

• Ulrich
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Apr 2005

Please attach the PDF file which isn't opening properly on Windows 8. I couldn't reproduce the problem with any PDF files I have here.

Ulrich

Comment

• ather966
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
            Please attach the PDF file which isn't opening properly on Windows 8. I couldn't reproduce the problem with any PDF files I have here.

Ulrich
            Hi, It is opening in Adobe Reader or any PDF Reader, but when I put the command in AMS like above it is opening when in preview, I mean to say that when AMS is working and within in it only I can preview, when I build a single exe or hard drive autorun.exe, it is not opening, so my question is that how can PDF can be viewed directly using AMS, when I select Explore thru AMS and click the pdf file it is also opening, but I don't the user to use this method, it should open directly from AMS the pdf like. Please kindly give me your solution,

How to attach the pdf please advise which is over 7 mb in size.

Regards

Ather

Comment

• Ulrich
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Apr 2005

Upload the file to your web server and provide a download link...

Ulrich

Comment

• ather966
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ather966 View Post
                Hi, It is opening in Adobe Reader or any PDF Reader, but when I put the command in AMS like above it is opening when in preview, I mean to say that when AMS is working and within in it only I can preview, when I build a single exe or hard drive autorun.exe, it is not opening, so my question is that how can PDF can be viewed directly using AMS, when I select Explore thru AMS and click the pdf file it is also opening, but I don't the user to use this method, it should open directly from AMS the pdf like. Please kindly give me your solution,

How to attach the pdf please advise which is over 7 mb in size.

Regards

Ather
                Here is the Link upload in ********* server...

https://www.*********.com/?mjrcg8r202kng8q

Comment

• Ulrich
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • Apr 2005

I have tested your file successfully on a fully updated system running Windows 8.
                  Before installing Adobe Reader, the PDF was being opened with Windows' own Microsoft Reader. After installing Adobe Reader XI, this was set as the default application for opening PDF files. Again, it worked perfectly. File.Run(), Shell.Execute() etc. are still working correctly. Finally, the PDF could also be displayed using a couple of third party PDF viewers.

Demo

It is possible that the security settings for opening PDF files were changed in Adobe Reader, preventing them from being opened properly from the AutoPlay application. You may want to check the restrictions, sandbox settings, etc. We cannot know what was done on the target computer, what or how to revert the setting to correct the problem. You may want to ask Adobe for assistance.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
                  X