• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tempacc001
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2011

video object on windows 7 freeze

the video object doesn't play anything for me it freeze the application when i try opening any video file. however it work fine in windows xp with the same videos and codecs.
    is anything i need to do to get it to work in windows 7 like it does on windows xp ?
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

It is impossible to answer your question. Projects containing videos work perfectly for me on both XP and Win7.

What video formats have you tried - you say "any" but is that really what you mean, no matter if it's mpg, wmv etc. etc.

Try posting an example of the .apz that doesn't work for you (without the video).

Comment

• tempacc001
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2011

i even tried with a simple script
      Code:
      result = Dialog.FileBrowse(true, "Locate File", _DesktopFolder, "All Files (*.*)|*.*|", "", "dat", false, false);
      Video.Load("Video1", result[1], true, false);
      and the same result
      the videos i tried are mostly .avi with some .mp4 .mkv(with proper codecs installed)
      nothing works(some worked with windows media player), they all work in windows xp.

Comment

• tempacc001
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2011

sorry for double posting i could not find the edit button.
        Code:
        vidlen = Video.GetLength("Video1");
        works on all videos i tried, i get the correct Length of the videos, but they still freeze and doesn't play.

Comment

• longedge
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2003

I have to stick with reliable standards to ensure compatibility with any (recent) Windows machine so I use .wmv almost exclusively now. All I can say is that I have no problems with videos in Win7 by doing so (hope that's not tempting fate).

Comment

Working...
          X