• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

PB, SQLite, & passwords.

well; one of my desires for heading out on pb + sqlite for a plugin was to enable passwords -- it looked promising, but for the life of me, I can't get a password going in the PB "OpenDatabase()"call... Has anyone got that to work ? if so; could you share?

I'm well on my way to an update for the sqlite plugin, which i'm hoping to be a near drop in replacement for sqlite 2 plugin.
    So far done are just the open/close/query/querytotable and it is drop in replacement so far. But if I can't get the password going; then this project will get shuffled off to the side...

-josh
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

the password field in the OpenDatabase call is for ODBC connections only, i believe its ignored when opening a SQLite database :yes
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• jassing
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jan 2001

dang.. that's what i was afraid of -- got any tricks? I *really* don't want to try to wrap the actual c code or precompiled dll; but it looks like that's where I'll go next -- version 0.1.0.0 into the junk pile and on to the next....

Comment

• RizlaUK
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2006

umm, i usually just enter encrypted data, but in ASM thats week as we all know

there are several modified versions of sqlite that DO offer encryption, what use they are to you i dont know

check out some of these

Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

Working...
        X