• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mindstitchdr
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2004

Wierd Problem

One of my clients has installed my program to their server and everything works great. Except on one computer. When you open the program on this one computer none of the text in the paragraph object will display. The links for the objects still work, but you can't see what you are clicking on. Is there something missing on this computer that is on every other one? Do these programs require certain things to work correctly? (i.e.flash?)
  • AXXESS
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2001

When you open the program on this one computer none of the text in the paragraph object will display.
    What type of object is the text in? Is the text in an unusual font that may not be present on the users machine?

Do these programs require certain things to work correctly? (i.e.flash?)
    Flash player is only required if there is Flash content in your project... otherwise your project can run standalone. The AMS dependency checker can be used to check for project-dicatated requirements such as Flash or Acrobat Reader...

Comment

• Adam
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • May 2000

mindstitchdr,

Make sure that you have version 5.0.2.0 since there have been some font issues in older versions.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• mindstitchdr
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2004

The object is a simple paragragh with the text typed in the text box. the text is Arial,regular,anti-alias.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Oct 2003

If that's the case and it's working on all the other systems, I'd consider the possibility that that one system is a bit unstable. Perhaps it has a missing or corrupted font, or a mismatch from different O/S's or languages.

AMS50 brings along fonts and other resources for you, but some standard system fonts like Arial are assumed to be installed and available on all Windows systems. I'd look there first.
          New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• mindstitchdr
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Dec 2004

Please don't beat up on me too much, but how would I diagnose this problem? Should I just open up word on the computer that has the problem, and try to use the arial font in a document? I'm really new at this so any help woud be great. Also could it be the scroll bars that is causing the problem. I took the gothic scroll bar and edited it to the color green and renamed it gothic2. Please help I'm visiting the client out of state.

Comment

• Leko
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2004

I'm with Ted....

The first thing that I would do is to troubleshoot the font. Usually the font is installed on C:\windows folder\fonts. (e.p. C:\WINNT\Fonts).
              You can copy the font to that folder and see if it resolves the problem.

Another way is to change the font on your application and see the results.

Like he said: Make sure that you update your AMS.

And don't forget to blame the unstability of that PC... I mean: don't forget to check the PC in question for errors.

Some other guys might have another cause/solution for it...

And..... no, I'm not with Ted. I just agree with what he said.

Good luck.

Comment

• Brett
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Jan 2000

Like Adam said, if you aren't using 5.0.2.0 all bets are off. We fixed a font issue in that release that sounds a lot like what you are experiencing. If you are using 5.0.2.0, please let us know and then we can go on with this issue. Otherwise there is little point as the 5.0.2.0 release should take care of this type of issue.

Comment

• mindstitchdr
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2004

Thanks for your help guys. Looks like the update fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X