• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markstaylor
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2003

CDAudio Plugin Problem

I'm not sure if this problem is related to the most recent Upgrade to AMS5, but I have created a new simple project with basic graphics not large at all. It works fine on a folder on the harddrive. But on a cdrom, the audio loads the background loads but the buttons won't load. Sometimes when you place your mouse over the button it slowly loads. Also the paragraph is set to read a small text file, it does not display the text.

I disabled the CDAudio feature and the project works fine (Audio Excluded).

I have the Audio start in the On Startup actions.

Any ideas?
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE IQ > 0;
    o rows Returned
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

This happens after you start playing a music track on the CD?

The CD-ROM drive only has one laser, and a very small cache...in fact I doubt the drive's cache is even used when playing audio (it's probably streamed straight to the DAC).

It's a bit much to expect your CD-ROM drive to read data off the data track when it's occupied streaming music for you.

If your app only uses a single page, then move the CDAudio actions out of startup and put them after the page loads, or something. Read any information that you want to load off the CD into variables right at the start as well.

Alternatively, you could use actions to copy the app's files into the user's temp folder, and access everything from there. (You could even create a "shadow" app that does this silently, copying your real app into the user's temp folder and then running it from there.)
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• markstaylor
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Oct 2003

I've made several projects like this before with no problem. That's what the Plugin is for right? Well I'm lying, I have never had the CDAudio plugin start playing the cd in the startup action. I'll try moving it to preload or show and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

Mark
      Last edited by markstaylor; 01-12-2005, 10:16 AM.
      SELECT * FROM Users WHERE IQ > 0;
      o rows Returned

Comment

Working...
      X