• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnetcanada
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2003

how to interrupt mailto: on web pages?

Lets say i have a web browser object, and its displaying some web page that has a link on it to email someone. In your standard format, thus mailto:[email protected].

Clicking on this loads the default mail client, but i dont want this, i want it to store the email address in a variable in AMS, then go to a form that i have made in my application.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Shawn
  • sside
    • Dec 2003

Shawn

The main problem here (i think) is not how to interrupt the mailto process but how you want to store the mail address in a variable.

Here are some thoughts;

The settings of the default mail program are stored in registry (i think). If you want to interrupt this you must change / delete this setting at project on startup event and restore them on shutdown event.

To get the email address you must read the content of the html and strip it from the mailto's build a table and load them (the email addresses) into a combobox where you can choose (in case there are more than one). I just did a quick test and the results were good.

But you are going to face a few problems like what if there are frames and etc.

Just some thoughts...

You may wanna let the others know about the results.

Comment

Working...
    X