• Show
Clear All
  • useram5
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2005

Help on web object loading

hello,

I get following error "Web Object \\Docs\\file_name.htm Error loading URL"
    in my application where i call a web object.

Thanks for all ur help.
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Some details please:
    What action do you use?
    Do you open a web object or a browser window outside of AMS5?
    Why is the htm file in your doc folder?

Yossi

Comment

• useram5
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2005

i try to open a static image which is in that HTM file.

i am trying to open a webobject in that same window...

it appears some kind of anti-virus software or firewall is preventing the ActiveX control of IE or something...

if anybody has come across ActiveX issues, pls let me know
      thanks.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

There appears to be a space in your path after "Web Object".

Comment

• useram5
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2005

can i please know the specific requirements for proper functioning of Web Object?

also, if anyone knows which DLL or OCX file is needed in order to Internet Explorer ActiveX control to work properly?

thanks for all your help.

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Hi, that info is here:

Comment

• useram5
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2005

Can firewall settings be any reason in preventing the Web Object to load IE???

Comment

• JimS
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • May 2003

userams5,
                Welcome to the forums. I notice that you are concerned that your problem stems from a missing or corrupt DLL, or OCX file, or a misbehaving ActiveX control, antivirus program, or firewall.

You may be correct in your assumption, at this point it is hard to say for sure. What I can say, is that in reading posts from others, I don’t remember seeing a case where that was cause for other people. That certainly doesn’t mean it is not so in your case, but it does mean that the probability of it is lower than some other possibilities.

You are human like the rest of us, so the highest probability is problematic or incorrect code.

So, before you spend too much time chasing after some of the low probability causes, let us make sure we have eliminated that which is the highest probability.

I built you a little example project that uses the web object to display a couple of local HTML documents. Check it out and see if it works for you. If it works, then you should probably look at your code. If not, then at least we have eliminated the most probable issue, and can begin to explore some of the lesser possibilities.

Good luck. Let us know.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Hi. Yeah Jim S is pretty much right. It could be a firewall but I doubt it, some anti-virus software may also contain activeX control and/or java applet protection as part of its operations. One easy way to test it is to either shut down the firewall and try it or try it out on a different box with a different firewall.

Comment

• rhosk
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Aug 2003

Hmm, I've ran across this issue and there IS a workaround. And like JimS said, it has been discussed before many times, and there's really no solution as to why it happens, it just does. In my case, I believe Zone Alarm was the culprit, but I still am not convinced.

Try this. Place your web object on your page and make the url "about:blank" - without the quotes of course. Then, when you're ready, load your image or data into this web object either onShow, button or whatever. HTH.
                    Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

Working...
                    X