How can I know the FS Command name of a movie???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yoske
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

How can I know the FS Command name of a movie???

Sorry to bother again but I was so excited i solved succesfully my last problem by posting in this Forum, that I have no doubt you'll help me again.
    Now the problem is as follows.
    I know now how to make a flash movie to be clickable, but to do so, Do I have to know the FS Command name of that movie to activate his FS parameter?
    According to what i learned yesterday, an FS Command has 2 parts: a name (like an envelope or conteiner where actions are stored) and an argument (the actions I give to a Flash object). In order to activate the argument of a specific flash movie, I need to know his FS Command name.
    Am I right? or maybe I misunderstood the concept?

Please, let me know how can I know the FS Command name of a SWF file?
    Do I need a special program?

Thanks in advance.

Yoske
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

fscommand - e_FSCommand - Intrigued - Flash

I just remember that when I create a .fla that needs a fscommand I just do the following between the {}'s of say your Anonymous Function.

For example:

goButton_btn.onPress = function(){
    fscommand("nextPage")
    };

Now, back in AMS 5 (Pro for my examples) I double-click the Flash Object and in the On FSCommand section I may put:

if e_FSCommand == "nextPage" then
    Page.Jump("InserYouPageJumpNameHere");
    end

*So, you do need to know the fscommand in the .swf file. If you have the .fla file for it then no problem, just open that up and check the code.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Intrigued; 12-30-2004, 09:06 PM.
    Intrigued

Comment

• yoske
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

Here is the button

Ok. Thanks Intrigue. Here is the swf button I created with Flashation menu builder. just the swf file was created with no additional fla file. Could somebody have a shot at it? I attached to this post the flash button.
      I want to insert this button in AMS and make the user to jump to the karaoke page.

I hope you get it!

Yoske
      Attached Files

Comment

• Intrigued
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2003

Well, I would need a .fla file that opens in Flash MX 2004... or a project file from SwishMAX to get such working.
        Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

But, here is a workaround version.

There is an "invisible" input (read-only) Input Object in the upper left corner of the project.

I coded in the On Show, On Timer, the Flash button.

Will this work for you?

[Update] I uploaded a new file that has a button (Label Object) on the second page so you can go from page to page testing the project out more easily.

Sincerely,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Intrigued; 12-30-2004, 10:55 PM.
          Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Dec 2003

Also, here is the code for the project.

I used AMS50CodeViewer.exe to retrieve such and put it into the format that it is in. (Thanks to Brett from I.R. for offering this FREE to us developers!) You can download that program from one of the threads here in the forums. Or, you can head over to amsuser.com where I have a copy posted (bottom ComboBox).

Code:
            ------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Global Script ]]------------------------------
            01 --Enter global declarations and functions here...

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Show ]]------------------------------
            01 Page.SetFocus("Input1");
            03 Page.StartTimer(10);

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Close ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Audio ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Timer ]]------------------------------
            01 focused_object = Page.GetFocus();
            03 if focused_object == "Flash1" then
            04 	Page.Jump("karaoke_page");	
            05 end

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Key ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Event: On Preload ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Flash1, Event: On FSCommand ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Paragraph1, Event: On Click ]]------------------------------
            01 Page.Jump("karaoke_page");

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Paragraph1, Event: On Enter ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Paragraph1, Event: On Leave ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Input1, Event: On Key ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: Page1, Object: Input1, Event: On Focus ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Show ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Close ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Audio ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Timer ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Key ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Event: On Preload ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label1, Event: On Click ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label1, Event: On Enter ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label1, Event: On Leave ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label2, Event: On Click ]]------------------------------
            01 Page.Jump("Page1");

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label2, Event: On Enter ]]------------------------------

------------------------------[[ SCRIPT: Page: karaoke_page, Object: Label2, Event: On Leave ]]------------------------------
            Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Dec 2003

I just (must be tired) realized something myself, that I thought would throw an error and stop the program (or not function properly).

You can take out the Input Object!

Then in the Page1's On Show event change the first line to just:

Page.SetFocus("");

lol

Well, I learned something out of this exchange!

So, thank you for posting this request!
              Intrigued

Comment

• yoske
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2004

Wow to Intrigued

thank you very much for your effort.
                I am astonished by 2 things:
                The first one and the most important is that your good will to help the others is beyond the limits of the credible. I appreciate very much your succor.
                The other one is that considering that I am just a newbie, by first sight it seems to be a lot of stuff to do to make a simple button to run. Well, I also realize that there's a lot to learn out in the world if I want to improve my AMS habilities.

Thank you and happy new Year Intrigued!!!!!

My best regards. Yoske

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Yes Intrigued is amazing. :yes Don't get discouraged, once you get the hang of FSCommands it's real easy, essentially that's all you need to know. Unfortunately the way Flash works, fscommands are the way one has to do things... But once you get used to them it's not so bad.

Comment

• yoske
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2004

I cant download ams50codeviewer.exe

Thanks for the words Corey. Always there is something to learn and this stuff is really hot.
                    Well. Now I am looking desperately for this file without success. In Intrigued's site something is wrong and I cant download that proggie. On the other hand, I was looking through the forums here with no success.
                    Can somebody upload ams50codeviewer.exe or the link to download it?

Thanks

Comment

• Corey
                      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                      • Aug 2002

Hi, just go here:

And then in the bottom combo box (second one) choose the one which says something like AMS50codeviewer-Brett. Download will start automatically...

Comment

• yoske
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2004

i got the program!

Ok. I got that little program.
                        I realized that in order to make the button work, I have to know what is an input and how to manage it.

Intrigued wrote:

"But, here is a workaround version.

There is an "invisible" input (read-only) Input Object in the upper left corner of the project.

I coded in the On Show, On Timer, the Flash button."

I tried to make a copy-paste and add other buttons but I realize the input only works for flash1 (the name of my flash button). How can I modify the inputs to work for other buttons?

God!!! the longer it takes to know something, the more questions you have about it. I think thats part of the game. hehe

Yoske

Comment

• yoske
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2004

finally, at last

OK. I got it
                          I have to admit I didnt check thoroghly Intrigued's project and I overlooked the lines in the property page.

This is a great Forum. Got a lot of very effective help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

• yoske
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2004

Here is the file: clickable flash buttons in AMS

Thanks to Intrigued, I set to work on this file which depicts how a flash button can be functional inside AMS. I finally understood the concept and hope everybody else with the same query get profit of it.

Yoske
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Intrigued
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Dec 2003

OK. I got it
                              Excellent!

I still am learning new and useful things about AMS 5 (Pro) myself!

*Corey, thanks for the assist!
                              Intrigued

Comment

Working...
                              X