• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zippo
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

Program for doing simple math problems

I would like to be able to write some fairly simple programs that are mostly math based programs. You could easily use an excel spreadsheet to accomplish what I want to do, but using Autoplay looks way cooler.

I’m pretty green when it comes to knowing any code. I know a little html and I read a couple of chapters of C++ for dummies....so I have a basic understanding of how everything works but that’s it.

Having said all that....does anyone know of any sample programs based mostly on math? I don’t have much time in the coming weeks to go through the tutorials, and I want to decide if im going to buy AutoPlay or not before the evaluation version expires.

In the end the program/programs I would like to write would have about 20 input fields, then take that data and do some basic calculations and then be able to post the results to a page that can be printed.

Thanks in advance,
    Brett
    [email protected]
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

In the end the program/programs I would like to write would have about 20 input fields, then take that data and do some basic calculations and then be able to post the results to a page that can be printed.
    Are you looking for a program that will perform calculations for you or a program that will work as a math tutor where it gives you the numbers and you have to add them yourself and then compare the results? I don't quite understand from your post above.

If it is the latter, then StefanM posted a sample project that might do what you are looking to have AMS do.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Zippo
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

RE: Program for doing simple math problems

Example:

Field A "input field" User inputs value of 2
      Field b "input field" user inputs value of 2
      Field c "display field/formula field" displays anwer of 4

there would be a few fields that automatically converted grams to ounces and things like that. Its actually more complex then that...but thats basically what im looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X