• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Open source AMS5 Installer/Uninstaller apt

OK,

So many of you wanted a generic installer for your AMS applications. I propose that we work on one together as an open source project. I've created a shell to start from and would love your input...not your thoughts (although that's always welcome ), but your code.

I know nothing about the registry other than it scares me. lol

Every installer I've made does so without touching the registry, but this wouldn't be the best solution in every instance.

What I propose is downloading the file below, working it through and getting it up and running in as generic a state as possible (so that it's really easy to customize for any AMS user's application...perhaps a series of questions in the preload section of the program).

Once it's operational, we can all add install types, additional install options, layout variations, etc.

To keep it easy to understand which version is which, perhaps this could be version 1 where your addition would be "Version 1.1 (Version 1 with added License Agreements)" and a modded version of that would be "Version 1.5 (Version 1.1 with more install options)", etc.

Not sure if this is the best way, but that way any of us can mod the version that best suits our needs. So if say "Version 2.7" is laden with extras you don't need, but "Version 1.9" is a great starting point and the latest version is "Version 2.9" then your mod of "Version 1.9" would be called "Version 3.0 (Version 1.9 with added Registry support)". Make sense?

I would love to see an open-source section on the forums. Even though this is the best section to post finished examples, it would be great to have a section dedicated to group efforts and community projects.

Anyways...here's a starting point if you're interested. Version 1.0 of the AMS General Installer apt:

*Note that Setup Factory is THE best solution for thurough installations, but this is simply an alternative (which displays AMS5's power) if you have time on your hands.

Protocol
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."
Working...
X