• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casper14
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

CD-ROM Loading Time???

I am in the process of creating interactive roms that incorporate a variety of different files (ex: pdf, flash, excell,word.....) I am only having one problem!!!
    After I Burn the rom and do a test viewing from the cd it takes a while to load the initial start page. I have gone and tested them on a few different systems and its very slow. Im finding an average loading time of around 1 min
    Is there anything that I can do to get this loading time down. I know the average person will be a bit flustered if they try and use the cd and it lags on startup.
    -Casper14
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Hmmm...

It shouldn't take that long at all. Are you using the export as a single file option? If so, try exporting it without that feature. Additionally, look at the files that may be trying to launch in the background of your start page. There may be some large file that's trying to cache in the background. If this is the case, and it's located in the preload section of the page and/or program, then the effect would be that it appears to be taking a long time to start up. In that case it would have actually started up in time, but simply wouldn't have completed its first task before displaying the first page.

What are the tasks that you've set forth on the first page of your ROM?
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• casper14
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

I am not exporting as a single file. I am exporting to my hard drive with a autorun and the usuall file structure. My start page is not big either. Its a static background with buttons. no flash or anything. I think the .jpg is 50k so im puzzled. If i listen to the drive after i incert the cd (on any drive) it seems like its reading the hole cd at once. Is there a way that I can restrict it from reading all the content on the rom and at least pre load the start? Some of the content deeper into the rom is a higher file size but still nothing that should slow the process down.
      -Casper14

Comment

• Adam
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • May 2000

casper,

Have you tried different formats? For example try a Joliette, ISO 9660 ect and see if perhaps there is something about the way that you are burning the disk. Also have you tried building a blank project to see if the issue is project specific? And also how do other CD-ROMs run on these systems? Try putting in a disk that has an autorun from a large manufacturer such as Microsoft ect.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• casper14
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2004

I will try a few different burns. I have tried other roms that I have and they run fine on the systems. I will let you know my findings.
          -thanks

Comment

• casper14
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2004

I exported my project as an Iso then burned it and it works.
            One more thing if anyone knows. Any updates coming soon for pro on adobe reader. I downloaded 7, and now if I do a system check on the rom on load it is asking me to install the older version of the reader?
            -Casper

Comment

• tricky1979
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2004

Just uncheck them

I just uncheck the descrepenies. There is no need for them anyway, unless a user doesn't have them installed. Most user have them installed already. The only ones I leave checked are windows media player and internet explorer...because every Windows OS had it installed already. If a user needs acrobat reader...and ou have created a menu for that person to read it, just copy the acrobat reader setup to your disk and link it to thte menu.

Comment

Working...
              X