• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acfmxt
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

i need a help in language support

hi,

i have autoplay media studio pro 5, that when i have made an arabic text on my project, in Win XP wich appears normaly text at preview and even at publishing.
    the problem is when burn a cd and playing it in another Windows, speacially Win 98, the text in arabic appears from left to right, and fonts have changed.

thanks all.. have a nice time...
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Sounds like the computers your playing the CD on don't support the language. You might try looking into adding a language support check upon loading of your ROM. This way when your ROM loads on another computer, it checks to see if that computer supports Arabic, and if not, gives the user the option to add it or see the ROM as-is.

Another possible solution is that if your problem is only that the letters or words come out backwards, (not knowing Arabic myself) can you feed the stream of letters or words in reverse order (again, if their computer doesn't support Arabic)?

Just some ideas for a temp fix.

Protocol
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• Worm
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2002

Your best bet is to wait for "The Wizard of Yos" or Yossi to see your post. He's the person that would more than likely have dealt with this issue around here and could offer the best advice.

Comment

• Protocol
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2002

=(

Protocol

Comment

• Worm
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Protocol
          =(
          Now, Now, that wasn't meant to imply that your advice wasn't good, or that what you suggested wouldn't solve the problem. Please take it as I meant it, which was that Yossi uses the Arabic language daily in his apps. We could spend a lot of time guessing, or wait the short amount of time it would be for Yos to see the post and give us the answer.

I apologize Protocol if my post offended you, it was not my intent at all.

Comment

• Protocol
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Oct 2002

*sniff, sniff*

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Worm
              Your best bet is to wait for "The Wizard of Yos" or Yossi to see your post. He's the person that would more than likely have dealt with this issue around here and could offer the best advice.
              The Wizard of Yos . . . that is funny. Pay no attention to the Yosstastic man behind the curtain.
              TJ-Tigger
              "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
              "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
              Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• yosik
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

:-)
                Thanks for the compliment, Worm. As to wizard...YOU are the one deserving this title...
                Anyway, just to set the record straight. I don't know arabic, nor have I ever used it. BUT, I use hebrew 24/7. And, albeit all what this ???? world seems to show, both languages are cousins ( and I wish the people would feel like it and act accordingly).
                So...As to our current problem, yes, a windows OS without the proper language pack will NOT support right to left text, even if the right font (hebrew or arabic) is installed.

Writing backwards is a solution, long, weary, frustrating, but it works..as long as you don't have a word wrap. Then lines get all mixed up..
                There are a few tools out there which can solve the problem and ease the writing. One of them is EasyHeb, which can be found at:

Good Luck.
                Yossi

Comment

• Worm
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yosik
                  I don't know arabic, nor have I ever used it. BUT, I use hebrew 24/7

There I go again, thinking I know something when I should keep my fingers silent. Sorry Yos, I should've know it was Hebrew.

Comment

• Intrigued
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Dec 2003

Yosik, now that you are teaching AMS to others in a class room setting... I believe you have gained some respect and deserve... as GenY says... "Props"!

Intrigued

Comment

• yosik
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2002

Thanks Intrigued.
                      You know what, teaching is the best way to learn (I am not the first one saying this).
                      It really is a challenge not only to be able to express clearly what is in your mind so others can understand, but regarding software, it is a challebge to cope with literally hundres of bugs and problems that arrise when students work, trying to understand what thge problem is, where did they go wrong, why is it stuck etc... And this is compounded by the number of users....
                      And yes, I like it very much.

And without IR support and this forum and YOU guys, it would be very difficult indeed.

Thanks to all.
                      Yossi

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

"Because, because, because of the wonderful things he does..."

I wish the people would feel like it and act accordingly.
                        Nice thought Yossi, we're with you on that wish all the way. You are 100% correct about the languages. To an alien looking down from outer space the two would appear virtually identical.

Factoid : Making people write backwards in a mirror is one of the ways scientists test people for mental acuity during REM sleep tests. So it must involve some profound leftbrain/rightbrain thought process.

Comment

• Intrigued
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by yosik
                          Thanks Intrigued.
                          You know what, teaching is the best way to learn (I am not the first one saying this).
                          It really is a challenge not only to be able to express clearly what is in your mind so others can understand, but regarding software, it is a challebge to cope with literally hundres of bugs and problems that arrise when students work, trying to understand what thge problem is, where did they go wrong, why is it stuck etc... And this is compounded by the number of users....
                          And yes, I like it very much.

And without IR support and this forum and YOU guys, it would be very difficult indeed.

Thanks to all.
                          Yossi
                          I fully understand you Yosik!

I found that some of the worst parts of teaching others (I have from time-to-time, and once I was told I teach better than the instructor, in front of her, ouch! Uncomfortable situation for the instructor and I to say the least).

What I find is that the documentation often is riddled with incorrect code chunks, that then lead to wrong answers, that then lead to frustration for all!

Ack!
                          Intrigued

Comment

• Protocol
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Oct 2002

I find that most documentation is a recap for the author. Authors tend to forget that they are talking to first-year students who may have no idea at all what they're talking about.

I think authors are also afraid to explain fundamentals that could be seen by the author's peers as blatently obvious. So they sway back and forth between teacher and preacher.

Additionally, human beings are naturally analogous thinkers. Our brains seem to be wired in manor that allows us to learn best by patterns, and not necessarily instances. For instance (no pun intended), we can memorize an instance such as 12x12 = 144, or we can learn a pattern such as the written form of the solution (the math behind it). So instead of learning every single instance or possibility, we learn best by gathering tools such as the math process.

Language is similar to that. Instead of instructing to a new venturer in code that "A variable is like a storage container that can hold just about any information or data you want, which can be accessed, changed or deleted", they would tell the noob "A variable is like RAM...now on to the next point..."

I think people like simple, earthly (commonly understood) analogies. Such as "This is like that" not "This is that".

Sorry...*stepping down from my box* :lol

Indigo Rose is helping to change the industry by catoring to both worlds. It's as if they're saying "If you're just getting started, then come on in and have some Hot Chocolate (...mmmmm...hot chocolate... ) and if you're a seasoned vet...here's your ammo son."

...mmmm...hotttt chocolate...

Protocol

Comment

• Corey
                              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                              • Aug 2002

Docs are a very, very tricky thing to get right. I have to say that our guys have got it about as good as anyone does, it's just a dang tricky, sooper time consuming art. To get your docs to 100% perfection would take longer than the life cycle of the product you are documenting, so it's always a matter of finding the *best* middle ground. In the end Protocol is right, all you can do is be there for people when questions do arise, and do you best to make the experience meaningful to each and every individual. So far so good.

Credit for that sort of thing goes to our fearless leader, it's one thing to just do your best and let the chips fall where they may, but it's quite another to have a systematic policy of perpetual improvement. Not a day goes by that we don't look at new ways of improving things.

Comment

Working...
                              X