• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Testers wanted

I posted this in another forum, but I am looking for people who would want to test my Tournament Builder. I want to make sure that it keeps track of the players information correctly and that you do not get errors. There is a save an load function for tournaments as well and I would like to make others to test this to make sure it works correctly. Below is the download link. You can post comments here, PM or e-mail them to me.

This only supports up to 8 person tournaments. I am thinking about trying to allow it to support 16 or 32 person Double Elim trounaments with the option of printing certificates.

Thanks
    Tigg

TournamentBuilder
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Do I have to be a player? Because I don't know anything about the game. As for functionality...I'll take a gander. Geeerrrreat idea, though Tigg!

Protocol
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• Josué Alba

An exe???

Well I know you are a trustly guy but It's hard to test a exe with out any security issue. Any way i'll take the risk... hope the people help you out with this.

Comment

• Protocol
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2002

Ok,

Note that I mention these only because they're simple little things. We're all devs and know that it's the little things that are easy to overlook while our attention is on a coding puzzle. So here are some things that might save you some time:

1) The "Install Loader" text is extended beyond the border of the loader itself

2) Visually, can you center the Mainpage text (whenthey mouse over the buttons) and put it in white (to make it stand out more)?

3) The "Rules" button doesn't link anywhere (I'm sure this is still under development).

4) On the "Editor" page, the "Delete", "Up Arrow" and "Down Arrow" error messages dont have a punctuation mark at the end of their error messages.

5) When "Select" is pressed and cancelled, it loads an errored image object that doesn't go away even when you go back to the Main Page and return once again. It's only cleared when you press "Clear". The error would be in the 'if (Selected ~= "CANCEL") then' line. You may have put IDCANCEL instead of "CANCEL" or visa versa.

6) On load game...no "Load" function and no "Delete" error (since I didn't load anything).

7) There's a white line above card image on the "Load Game" page.

That's all that I could find without knowing the game. You would have found these, but that should save you some time. Great job Tigg!

Protocol
        "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

Working...
        X