• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rookie
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2004

Preloading

I searched the forum for preloading. There is one post that recommends using the Application.SetRedraw. I’m think I’m looking for the same thing let explain:

How do you preload images\pages\etc…so the user doesn’t have to wait before and after the initial splash?

Once the CD starts running…my 30 second splash commercial runs… I’m wanting to have a Loading…gif\or flash animation immediately catch the user eye while when the CD loads…like in flash you can use the same preloading instance\movie for every page.

rOOKIE
  • rookie
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2004

Posting With-Out Morning Coffee

I posted this early this morning before the my coffee fix…after re-reading excuse the grammer…wish there was an edit button somewhere on the page for the initial post…

I searched the forum for preloading. There is one post that recommends using the Application.SetRedraw. I’m looking for the same thing let me explain:

How do you preload images\pages\etc…so the user doesn’t have to wait before and after the initial splash?

Once the CD starts running…my 30 second splash commercial runs… I’m wanting to have a Loading…gif\or flash animation immediately catch the user eye when the CD loads…like in flash you can use the same preloading instance\movie for every page.

rOOKIE

Comment

• Philo
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2004

I would give the user the option of copying all content onto a folder on their hardrive which would reduce/eliminate loading times.

This would also be good for users that would be narked at having to wait 30 seconds for evrything to preload each time as once saved to the harddrive it would be available next time they loaded your app. Also if they only wanted something specific they would not have to preload all the content and instead run everything from the CD.

If you did take this route then its simple to display a dialog box giving progress to keep the user happy.

Comment

• rookie
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Nov 2004

Thx...

Thanks...the commercial does not take that long and catches the users eye’s on most PC’s. The pages seem to hesitate when they are initially selected .

rOOkie

Comment

Working...
        X