Can anyone explain why my project will open in windows 2000 but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clientele
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

Can anyone explain why my project will open in windows 2000 but...

but not open in windows nt..I cant understand why this. I made a less complex project a while back and it opened in both OS's with no problems. thanks.
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Without a little more detail, it's hard to say. What objects are you using? What service pack of NT? Any error messages?

Comment

• clientele
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

Ok im using windows nt 4, by objects I think you mean (cd audio plugin) and the media player, thast what im using. Its a simple program that opens up with logos and each logo is clickable to another page with in the project off the cd. Let me know if you need any more info, thanks.

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

If your project isn't too big, you could try starting over again adding objects e.g. buttons, labels, paragraphs etc. etc. to your page and testing at each stage until you find where the problem is.

Have you tried going into the menu Project/Window Settings/Advanced and then ticking the "Disable Audio Engine" under Windows NT? - just to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

• clientele
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by longedge
          If your project isn't too big, you could try starting over again adding objects e.g. buttons, labels, paragraphs etc. etc. to your page and testing at each stage until you find where the problem is.

Have you tried going into the menu Project/Window Settings/Advanced and then ticking the "Disable Audio Engine" under Windows NT? - just to see if it makes a difference.

I was hoping I wouldnt have to do that..but I think I may have to start over..and can you re word the "disable audio engine" instructions, I dont under stand if thats for m yproject menu or in windows 2000?

thanks.

Comment

• longedge
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Aug 2003

In AMS5 i.e. where you build your project, go to the menu item under Project/Window Settings and click on the Advanced tab. You will see a section entitled Windows NT and under that there is a radio button - that is what I was talking about - might just be worth a try.

Comment

• clientele
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by longedge
              In AMS5 i.e. where you build your project, go to the menu item under Project/Window Settings and click on the Advanced tab. You will see a section entitled Windows NT and under that there is a radio button - that is what I was talking about - might just be worth a try.
              Ok so what I ended up doing was re building it using the slide show template and it works perfect in both Win2000 and NT, But I will now go back and check out that button your refering to, thanks again. Now to tackle my problem with cd audio plugin not working properly in 2000 and not at all in NT..

Comment

Working...
              X