• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seville
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2004

Controls for Flash in AMS 5.0

Now that I got my flash file clean in autoplay I would like to have controls at the buttom for play, pause, stop, rewind and forward and a little counter to let people know how lbig is the flash file, can be a time remaining or both remaining and actual playing, or better yet, a slide bar that will move according to the size of the flash file.
    I tried with action in autoplay, to play and stop, but the rest of the features how can I do? some advice will be very much appreciated.
    Seville
  • AXXESS
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2001

Try the Flash Component...

If you are using Flash MX or higher, try the playback control that is provided in Flash.... it offers start, stop, rewind, fast forward, step forward and back, loop, AND slider bar functions. The speed of the slider bar changes based on the size of the video you are controlling.

The playback control may be seen in one of the provided Flash tutorials (I believe it is called "Stiletto"-- it has a video clip of a car rotating that you can control with the playback control).

You simply drag and drop the control from the Library into the movie that you need it in (usually on its own layer) and voila... instant playback control....

If you need further clarification, let us know. :yes

Comment

• Seville
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Nov 2004

Controls for Flash in AMS 5.0

Hey thanks for the fast reply, yes I have flash MX 2004, but this program is so hard to learn that I gave up, my flash files are done with Swishmax which is similar to flash macromedia, but not too hard to learn, that is the reason why I do not use anymore Macromedia director, just to do a button interactive I have to go a TON of programming, now with autoplay pro, it is really a pleasure to do some multimedia projects.
      Any help with swishmax or any other way is greatly appreciated.
      Seville

Comment

• AXXESS
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2001

Hmmm..... I use SwishMax too.... more for menus and such for the ease of use you described.

Because SwishMax does not support video, all of my video work (and thus controls) are done in Flash. Since then they have come out with SwishVideo that allows video import... -- here is the link .

Otherwise if you just want to control a Flash video with a playback controller, check on SwishZone or FlashKit.com, you will find many other options ...

Good Luck! :yes
        Last edited by AXXESS; 12-03-2004, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X