• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAK
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2004

File.Run

Ref: my earlier message
    I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
    Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DAK
    Ref: my earlier message
    I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
    Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave
    Another user suggested (and it worked for my project) using %20 instead of spaces.

Hope that is of some help...
    Intrigued

Comment

• JimS
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2003

You can try to put the path in quotes

"/"" .. path .. "/'''

Comment

• JXBURNS
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2001

Long filenames are not a problem but they must be included in quotes (as in any standard windows Start, Run command). You can also use the in-built variables for items such as Program Files folders.

John

Comment

• DAK
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2004

DAK Reply

To Jim & John
          Thanks,
          It now works.

I have the following as the argument list:
          [" ".."\""..ArgList.."\""] (The first char [" "] is a space which is needed as a separator from the file name. The ArgList is then the built-in variable SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\FileName"). This entire ArgList is enclosed in quotes.)

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X