PDA

View Full Version : File.Run

DAK
10-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Ref: my earlier message
I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave

Intrigued
10-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Ref: my earlier message
I found that folder names have to be the DOS version (eight characters). The File.Run function does not accept spaces within folder names.
Names like 'Progra~1' for 'Program Files will work.

Since Windows uses long file / folder names, this function will need to be evaluated against names like 'Program Files', 'My Install Folder', etc.

Dave
Another user suggested (and it worked for my project) using %20 instead of spaces.

Hope that is of some help...

JimS
10-03-2004, 12:05 AM
You can try to put the path in quotes

"/"" .. path .. "/'''

JXBURNS
10-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Long filenames are not a problem but they must be included in quotes (as in any standard windows Start, Run command). You can also use the in-built variables for items such as Program Files folders.

John

DAK
10-03-2004, 01:14 PM
To Jim & John
Thanks,
It now works.

I have the following as the argument list:
[" ".."\""..ArgList.."\""] (The first char [" "] is a space which is needed as a separator from the file name. The ArgList is then the built-in variable SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\FileName"). This entire ArgList is enclosed in quotes.)

Dave