• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oshtruck
    Forum Member
    • May 2002

getting back

First time user here working with a demo copy, so far so good. I'm using AMS for the front end on a cd that contains an operator and service manual in pdf format. Question is...is it possible to link back to the main page in my acrobat files?? I want the user to be able to get back to the start page. If I link to the autorun.exe file I get another open copy??

Thanks much
    Pete
  • oshtruck
    Forum Member
    • May 2002

Re: getting back

can anyone give me a quick yes or no answer to this question, we're evaluating ams now and if there is now way of getting back to the ams menu from a pdf file then we need to keep looking.

Thanks...

Comment

• AGRO
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2000

I think the AMS will start the .pdf file and when the .pdf file is open the AMS project is still open behind the .pdf

When you close your .pdf the AMS project is still there either on the same page, or a different page or really anything you want???

Don't quote me on this??

Eric

Comment

• Adam
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • May 2000

If I understand you correctly you could have your open document action followed by a jump to page action that will bring the user to the first page when the menu returns from viewing the document. I believe that this will give you the functionality that you desire.

------------------
        Adam Kapilik
        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

You could also close the menu immediately after opening the pdf file, so that when you link back to the autorun.exe it will be the only copy open.
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
          X