• Show
Clear All
  • biddy
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

autoplay for cd for hi-fi

hi
    im a fairly new user of autoplay and
    what i need to do is create a cd-rom that will autoplay in a pc and run the menu and play tracks(mp3) and also be able to play the music in an ordinary hi-fi(wavs)i have put the wavs outside the data folder and
    can achieve this but track 1 in the hi-fi does not play i presume that the auto folder is seen as track 1 could anyone please help
    thanks
    biddy
  • Kurt S
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: autoplay for cd for hi-fi

Ok for starters you need to have your burning program convert the wave files to the CDA format. Wave files will not play in a regular CD player.

What you want to do is create what is known as a CD Extra. If you are using the latest version of Nero, it has the option to do this for you. If your burning software does not do this, follow these next steps -

Launch your burning software and choose to make an audio CD. choose your wave files and do the burn. DO NOT finalize the disc. Once the audio burn is done, keep the cd in the burner and choose to make a multisession data CD. put your AMS presentaion along with the mp3's and anything else you want in the multisession and burn it a second time. This time you WILL want to finalize the disc. Do the burn and you're all set.

[This message has been edited by Kurt S (edited 04-25-2002).]

Comment

• biddy
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2002

thanks kurt
      will try that.i will post if succesful or not

Comment

• Kurt S
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2001

Yes, let me know if it worked. I was a little unsure of the exact procedure (it has been a while since I have done it manually) so I reproduced the steps again last night before I posted. When I originaly did this, I was using an older version of Nero. This time I used a newer version and it seemed like it acted a little different in the setup. It did work fine but depending on which burning software you are using and which version, you may need to tweak the steps a little.

Comment

• biddy
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2002

sorry in the delay answering kurt.yes it worked fine using the latest nero just as you said.
          thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X