• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Mauldin
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2004

Okay, but needs work

TrueUpdate has potential but isn't currently worth the money you are charging for it. I might have been better off developing something myself, but my strategic plan calls for paying experts to do things that I don't have time for. So:

TrueUpdate Needs:

- Much better integration between the client and the server;
    - Better ability to control program flow and screen display, including end-to-end managmenet of the entire process;
    - Built-in coverage of common tasks;
    - Better integration with SetupFactory;
    - Better screen customization;
    - A better development metaphor overall;
    - Freedom from software crashes in the Server module;
    - etc.

I purchased TrueUpdate based on my limited but positive experience with SetupFactory; but TrueUpdate isn't nearly as good. I don't mean to be harsh, but right now the price/performance ratio of TrueUpdate is poor. The cost of the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 should be low.

-- James
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

James,

Thanks for the feedback. You will be happy to know that TrueUpdate 2.0 is in early development stages now and will have many of the features you are looking for and much more. I can't give out any dates yet, but keep your eyes on the forums.

Comment

• JCD
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2004

True Update

Unfortunately I have to agree with this comment and we stopeed using True update for some clients. We would like to stick with Indigo Rose for True Update and Visual Patch, and await the new version with eager anticipation.

And yes the price was too high to pay for something we had to stop using. Hopefully the cost of the upgrade will be reflected in this for loyal upgraders.

I would like to see a price for the full suite for SUF7, TrueUpdate and Visual Patch with the option to add AutoPlay.

Comment

• Sandy
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

JCD, I notice that this is your first post regarding TrueUpdate. Have you tried opening a support ticket to see if our support staff can assist you? If the developers aren't aware of issues with TrueUpdate, they cannot fix them either. What improvements do you suggest? We welcome all suggestions, especially with TU20 in early development.

Comment

Working...
        X