• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdunham
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

Win98/95 denies access to files?

When testing my disk in a couple Win 98 and Win 95 systems, I get an error "system denies access to files".

This disk runs fine on my Win NT and a WinME system. What's going on?
  • Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: Win98/95 denies access to files?

Hi,

When do you get this error message? When you first insert your CD-ROM or when you try to access some files using your AutoPlay Menu?

Does the same error occur when you try to browse the CD-ROM from "My Computer"?

What burning format did you use?

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• spdunham
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2002

Hi Mark.
      In response:

My disk loads fine, and I get all my little audio cues with mouseovers..

I get the "denied access" message when I try to click on a Text Object, with an action to Execute Program (I also tried Open Document-same result). This happens with a PDF doc and my JPG's.

Interestingly, on the very same page, my click to load a Mpeg video file (.m1v) works fine, loading up RealOne player/Windows Media Player and playing the video clip with no problem. weird.

I got this error on disks burned with both
      Prassi (Primo) and Nero.

Comment

• Mark
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jun 2000

Hi,

Which burning format are you using ISO-9660 or a newer format like Joliet?

I'm not sure why this error is occurring, have you tried this on any other Windows 98 or 95 machines?

If you browse your CD-ROM can you double click on the files? Do they open properly or does the same error occur?

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• spdunham
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2002

Dear Mark,

Just to make things even weirder, I have now burned a copy that works fine. I think it may have something to do with the way it was burned. I'm being careful to use only 8.3 filenames, and choosing the ISO 1 standard, with NO relaxation, following tips I've picked up here and there (mostly HERE in this forum!).

I have two disks that work fine, one burned with Primo and the other with InstantCD/DVD.

I'll plug away, being very careful with my burning criteria, and see if it continues to work fine.

Thanks for your time on this. It was an interesting puzzle...

Scott

Comment

Working...
          X