• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewClark
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2002

PDF version number

I am producing a CD which will search for the presence of Acrobat Reader, return the version if found and display the version number. I installed version 3.01 (gives a file name "AcroRd32.exe") to test the functionality. I studied the relevant advanced lessons on Click-n-Learn in great detail (I am trying to duplicate that functionality exactly).
    On "Page Open", the procedure detects a version number of 5.0.0.0. When I properly uninstall Acrobat Reader and restart my machine (Windows 2000 Pro), it still returns version number 5.0.0.0.
    How can I make the system work properly?
    Thanks
    Andrew
  • AndrewClark
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2002

Re: PDF version number

Originally posted by AndrewClark:

I am producing a CD which will search for the presence of Acrobat Reader, return the version if found and display the version number. I installed version 3.01 (gives a file name "AcroRd32.exe") to test the functionality. I studied the relevant advanced lessons on Click-n-Learn in great detail (I am trying to duplicate that functionality exactly).
    On "Page Open", the procedure detects a version number of 5.0.0.0. When I properly uninstall Acrobat Reader and restart my machine (Windows 2000 Pro), it still returns version number 5.0.0.0.
    How can I make the system work properly?
    Thanks
    Andrew
    I think that I have sorted this one out. After uninstalling Acrobat Reader, Windows 2000 spawned a full copy of the folder buried deep in a hidden location in C:\Documents and Settings. Because it was hidden, I could not find it with an Explorer search. However, AMS found it and returned the version number. I have decided that it is probably too risky to do a fixed drives search, so I shall restrict it to a priority path only.

Comment

Working...
    X