• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terryc
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

AVI plays but no sound

I have built the menu for the main purpose of launching an AVI file. After build and running from the CD, the AVI works properly on my computer using Windows Media player but on some toher computers the sound associated with the AVI does not play. The action used to launch the AVI was "Execute Programme".

I confirmed that the AVI file works properly on all test computers using Windows Media player as a standalone. The problem only occurs when AutoPlay executes the AVI on certain computers.

What is going on here? Why does it work perfectly on some computers and not on others?

I confirmed th

[This message has been edited by Terryc (edited 04-03-2002).]
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: AVI plays but no sound

From the information in your post, I assume that you would like to play your AVI in the user's default viewer for that file type, such as Windows Media Player. If this is the case, use an OPEN DOCUMENT action to open the video file. The EXECUTE PROGRAM action is intended for use with executable files (.exe).

Give that a try.

------------------
    Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Terryc
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Darryl:
      From the information in your post, I assume that you would like to play your AVI in the user's default viewer for that file type, such as Windows Media Player. If this is the case, use an OPEN DOCUMENT action to open the video file. The EXECUTE PROGRAM action is intended for use with executable files (.exe).

Give that a try.

Thanks Darryl:

I tried your suggestion. However, it did not work. The specific error message I receive states, "Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available."

This is most unusual, as when I play the AVI using Windows Media player as a standalone, it works. Any more thoughts?

Comment

• Kurt S
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2001

I don't believe this is a direct problem with AMS. I have several computers set up at home with virtually the same hardware in each one. One of my machines gives this exact same error you get when trying to play different type of mutlimedia files, ie. avi's mpeg's, etc. even though it has the same sound card.

I reloaded the sound card drivers and it cured the problem.

I think the problem occured when I loaded some third party video or audio player but I can't verify that.

[This message has been edited by Kurt S (edited 04-07-2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X