Why am I getting MLMSG_ERR_NO_DETECT_VERSION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdparker
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2004

Why am I getting MLMSG_ERR_NO_DETECT_VERSION?

I am evaluating TrueUpdate for use with our program. I started by creating a simple server file that had one version with the LatestVersion action set. That worked as expected. Then I added a second version to grab and apply a patch file created by a custom application we've written. It worked fine.

Where I am now is that I have updated the server file with a third version that should download and apply a patch that updates our help file. This, however is not working. Instead I am getting MLMSG_ERR_NO_DETECT_VERSION.

Any ideas?
  • rdparker
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2004

I found the problem, but it does concern me. I was saving and publishing the server file, but had the error when running the client. When I left last night I closed the TrueUpdate Server File Editor. This morning I reopened the server file and saw information in the Version Identifiers tab, but all of my versions were gone. Once I recreated the file everything was fine.

Comment

• Adam
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • May 2000

rdparker,

I have not come across a situation where the server file looses information. Do you have any idea what could have caused this to happen?

What OS are you running?
      Has this ever happened to you before?

If I can replicate the issue then we will look into fixing it.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• gazzacr
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2004

RE: Why am I getting MLMSG_ERR_NO_DETECT_VERSION?

I am also evaluating the TrueUpdate SW and I am having the same problem that "rdparker" mentioned in his post.

What I have done is the following:

1. I created a ServerFile (Test.uif) and I have put it in a local server (\\TUPTest\)
        2. I have created the ClientUtility that points to the server location stated above.
        3. In the serverfile I included just one version, lets say 1.0.0.18. In the version identifyers for this Version I have a "Compare File Version" which is set to "Less <" than 1.0.0.18. Now, if the aplication to be patched is older than the one in the TUServer file, the update takes place, just as expected, however, if i run, AGAIN AND IN THE SAME WORKSTATION, the text.exe (the TrueUpdate Client Utility) it brings up the error message wich is followed by the "Update Failed" screen, instead of bringing up the "Already Updated" Screen

Am I doing something wrong?...

BTW... the workaround that I have found so far is to add another Version with no Version Identifyer, whcich logically will always apply, but obviously, this brings the "Update Avaiable" Screen to the user.

Thanks for reading this.
        Edgar Contreras.

Comment

• gazzacr
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2004

I got to say that i hadn't read all messages in this forum, however, I did it after posting my doubt and have found the answer that was given to TUuser by Adam, and I must say that it seems to work fine... I will keep evaluating TU, which surely is a great product and we may decide to acquire it!...

Thanks for this great SW.

Comment

• Adam
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • May 2000

rdparker do you still have an unresolved issue?

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
            X