• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dspreadbury
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2001

Runtime error: "abnormal program termination" when running from CD

I'm building a CD to distribute the latest version of our software. The CD is a hybrid ISO/Extended Mac disc, created using Toast 5 Titanium on the Mac.

My project builds just fine, and I can run it without problems from my virtual CD folder (which is in a Samba share on one of our BSD fileservers).

The CD also builds fine, without any errors. All the other executables on the CD (program installers, etc.) run without problems from the CD.

The Mac side of the disc is also fine.

However, when you insert the CD into a Windows machine, the autorun.exe file bombs out with a C++ runtime error, "abnormal program termination".

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

------------------
    Sibelius Software Ltd, 66-68 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1LA, UK
    Tel: 01223 707100 (+44 1223 707100)
    Fax: 01223 707101 (+44 1223 707101)
    Web site: http://www.sibelius.com

Also in London, San Francisco, New York, Nashville & Dallas
  • Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: Runtime error: "abnormal program termination" when running from CD

Hi,

I'm not sure why this is occurring, have you been able to solve the problem?

Do any of the other programs on the PC side work properly? You might try looking at some of the text files or graphic images and see if they burnt properly.

Which operating systems have you tried this on? Have you burnt more then one CD-ROM?

You should try burning a "PC only" CD and see if that works properly on the PC side. If it does chances are something went wrong during the burn process.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• dspreadbury
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2001

Re: Runtime error: "abnormal program termination" when running from CD

I'm afraid I wasn't able to resolve this issue, and since the production of our disc was/is time sensitive, I was forced to switch to a competing product -- one that works much better for our purposes and costs a fraction of the price of AMS...

Although I think AMS is an excellent product, I must admit that I am kicking myself for not checking out this cheaper alternative in the first place, as it could have saved us a good deal of time and some money too.

Thanks for your reply, though.

------------------
      Sibelius Software Ltd, 66-68 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1LA, UK
      Tel: 01223 707100 (+44 1223 707100)
      Fax: 01223 707101 (+44 1223 707101)
      Web site: http://www.sibelius.com

Also in London, San Francisco, New York, Nashville & Dallas

Comment

Working...
      X