Menu in session2 to play audio tracks in session 1, cd player?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MartinUK
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2002

Menu in session2 to play audio tracks in session 1, cd player?

Hi, Just starting to try out AMS but uncertain whether this product will do the job I require. I intend to produce an Enhanced Audio CD or CD Extra (Blue Book Session with Yellow Book Session Closed CD) with all the audio tracks in session 1 and the autorun menu with self contained website in the data track in session 2. The idea being that ordinary CD players will play the normal music CD but Windows computer users will be presented with an autorun menu screen offering access to the website contained in the data track but also access to play the audio part or session of the CD. The problem is how to provide a button on the menu that when activated will start the default CD Player to play the audio tracks on session 1? As you may or may not know that if you browse the CD you only see the data in session 2 you don't see the audio tracks in session 1. However, if you start your CD player it does see the audio tracks in session 1 and begins playing them. Without a fix to this problem the main disadvantage to making an autorun menu it overides the Audio CD detection and Autorun.

In anticipation, many thanks for you help which will lead to me purchasing the product.

------------------
    Regards

Martin
  • Disc-man
    Forum Member
    • May 2001

Re: Menu in session2 to play audio tracks in session 1, cd player?

Blue-Book build CD's will always start session 2 on a ROM device. Audio players will always play the first and only session they know. (As the Red-Book standard only supports one session).
    The trick to play the audio of a CD-Extra is to emulate that the CD is audio only. You will need to launch a CDA player which willl only see the fiirst session and can access the tracks.
    The problem with AMS is that you can not parse the driveletter for the player.

Comment

Working...
    X