• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erwin
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2002

Specified file not found

I always get the same error: "specified file not found". I tried many different ways to link to the .exe file but it doesn't work. I've got 3 files, 2 .exe files and 1 .doc file I want to trigger, but the program can't find any of them. Only a website link and the exit button work. The files aren't very hard to find, because they are in the root of the CD. So I made a target like: %SrcDrv%\ie6setup.exe with the command: Execute Program. With the .doc file I used: Open Program. What is wrong??? B.t.w. I use version 2.0 pro.
  • Jito463
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: Specified file not found

Are you getting these errors upon building and then running from the hard drive, or is this after you've burned it to the CD?

Comment

• Erwin
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2002

It only works when I specifie the drive. I think the command isn't working as it should. When I get the error, I also see the command: %SrcDrv%\ie6setup.exe , file not found. So I don't get: E:\ie6setup.exe , file not found. That's strange, isn't it?

Comment

• Mark
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jun 2000

Hi,

Are you sure that everything is being spelt properly? There is no difference between the way %SrcDrv% is handled in either an Open Document action or an Execute Program action.

Try putting %SrcDrv% on your screen as a TEXT OBECT in order to test what its value is. Remember %SrcDrv% is a built-in variable that is set across your entire menu.

Also as Jito463 asked, does this occur when you built to your Hard Drive and run it, or when you burn to a CD-ROM?

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Erwin
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2002

This happens in both ways. On the harddrive and on CD. It only works when I leave out the variable and replace it with the drive letter of the harddisk.

Comment

• Darryl
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jul 2001

A couple of questions.
            Are you using the most recent build, 3.0.0.7?

Did you try writing the variable text %SrcDrv% out to the screen such as with a Text Object or through a Dialog Box Message? If this variable is not defined at runtime, it is a good indication that you have mispelled it. Delete the text you have in the path and re-write it.

------------------
            Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
            Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Erwin
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2002

No, I don't use 3.007, I use 2.0 . And I haven't tried the variable in a text box. I'll try it. The variable isn't misspelled, because I pointed the variable out of some choices in the program.

Comment

• Darryl
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Jul 2001

Sorry about that Erwin, I missed that.

Do try to place the variable text on a Text Button and see what that is expanded to when you run it.

------------------
                Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
                Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Erwin
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2002

I've downlaoded an eveluation version of 3.0.0.7 and this one works! But I've got 2.0 and this has to work too...

Comment

• Mark
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Jun 2000

Hi Erwin,

Did you type %SrcDrv% as the text of a Text Object in 2.0? What were the results when you ran your tests?

What version of AutoPlay 2.0 are you using? You can find the full version number under HELP -> ABOUT.

mark.

Comment

• Mark
                      Indigo Rose Staff Member
                      • Jun 2000

Hi Erwin,

I believe that you have misunderstood what Darryl and I have been asking. Please create a TEXT OBJECT. Now as the Message for the TEXT OBJECT please type: "%SrcDrv%\ie6setup.exe"

Now when you run your menu you should be able to see what %SrcDrv% is being expanded to.

I have tried using an execute program action in AutoPlay Menu Studio 2.04 using %SrcDrv%% and I had no problem whatsoever.

Perhaps you could e-mail your project to: [email protected]

mark.

Comment

• Erwin
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2002

When I create a TEXT OBJECT with the message %SrcDrv%\ie6setup.exe, nothing happens. When running the menu I see the messagetext on the screen as written in the textbox.

Comment

• Mark
                          Indigo Rose Staff Member
                          • Jun 2000

Hi,

This happens when you've built your menu and then launched it off of your CD-ROM or your hard drive? That's very strange, as I've never had any problems with this, %SrcDrv% has always expanded properly in a TEXT BUTTON.

For example when I type that text into a TEXT BUTTON, during runtime it is expanded to: C:\ie6setup.exe

What Operating System are you using?

Please send your AutoPlay Project file to: [email protected]

mark.

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited 03-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited 03-13-2002).]

Comment

• Erwin
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2002

I use Windows XP. And the problem is indeed that the variable doesn't change in the drive letter. I will sent you the project file as soon as possible.

Comment

• Erwin
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2002

I use version 2.04. The testresults were giving the following error: "%SrcDrv%\ie6setup.exe Specified file not found".

Comment

Working...
                              X