• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsdsapphire
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2001

Flash projector file in AMS V3.x

Hi, guys, just to add a bit more spice to the Flash question in Autoplay menus...

I have built both my menu and have gotten the project (ams) on start up to run a flash projector file I have created (.exe) by using the execute program command... this works fine on systems that have 128Mb or more, but on systems with less ram ( apparently - it's only my guess as to the cause of this..) the projector application starts to run but only shows the first second or two of the file before closing to the menu behind it... why? is there a way I can get around this? Is there some other cause for this? I've worked hard to incorporate the movie as a startup screen, to have it dumped out, is annoying!

Help please from those wiser than me!

------------------
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Re: Flash projector file in AMS V3.x

That would be an issue for the Flash executable that you are running, not AMS30. AutoPlay Menu Studio just launches the executable and that's it.

BTW, we will have Flash support integrated into AMS40.

- Brett

Comment

• jsdsapphire
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2001

Re: Flash projector file in AMS V3.x

Originally posted by Brett:
      That would be an issue for the Flash executable that you are running, not AMS30. AutoPlay Menu Studio just launches the executable and that's it.

BTW, we will have Flash support integrated into AMS40.

- Brett
      Brett -thanks for the fast response... I guess i'll have to do some digging about on some flash forums as this one has me foxed for now.. it's a shame as I can get the .exe to run sweet on a number of boxes, but any that have less than 128MB just don't want to know... weird.... I thought it might be just an OS thing, but you seem to be hinting that it's the actual Flash projector file that has the problem... am I missing the obvious here?

Comment

Working...
      X