• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortstories
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2002

Avi video is slow

I put introduction avi on cd loads fine but is very slow and looks like it is kindof judery. any ideas? is there a way to have another video type that starts before the splash screen? a mpeg or windows media type?
  • tbybee
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2000

Re: Avi video is slow

More than likely it's related to hardware (e.g. CPU, memory etc) you're running the menu on. That's normally what the cause of slower, jittery avi's.

Tony

Comment

• shortstories
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2002

The system im running is a AMD 1600, with 768 meg of ddr ram, 2 60gig hard drives spinning @ 7200 configured on a raid board.

ive messed around with compression ratios with pinnacle studio 7 and cant sem to work it out. what i have done though is instead of hava an avi i created awebpage the same design as the splash screen with a windows media file embedded in it. you cant really tell the difference and it runs great.
      but if you have any other ideas on the avi i would love to hear from you as i wont be happy till i know whats causing the problem.
      thanks.

Originally posted by tbybee:
      More than likely it's related to hardware (e.g. CPU, memory etc) you're running the menu on. That's normally what the cause of slower, jittery avi's.

Tony

Comment

• Chris Keogh
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jan 2002

Hi,

I had the same problem, along with the file size being huge.
        Strangely enuff, I'm running the same hardware and software as you too!
        The answer for me was to put the finished studio 7 product through Bink Video compressor, and then turn it into an executable, which wraps the bink player in.
        Reduces the file size and plays well.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
        X