• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayRub
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2002

Using other language fonts

I have been able to use a Japanese translating program to translate my original menu's choices (words) from English to Japanese, my problem is that when I try to paste the resulting Japanese words into AutoPlay's text fields, it doesn't take them, even though I select the right Font and Script within the Text Object's Properties tab. I believe I have already setup my IME correctly because my translating program displays Japanese characters OK. I'm able to copy from my translating program to Notepad with no problems. I know that the (AutoPlay)Projects Settings' Startup Page tab has some sort of Language choice setup, however, the Online help's instructions that are included with AutoPlay are extremely vague and I can't make any sense of it.
    Can somebody lend a hand on this?

Thanks guys.
  • greven grevs
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Using other language fonts

Can't help you but I wanted to say that I have the same problem when trying to paste arabic words into AMS. I resorted to make gif files in photoshop and pasting those instead of actual text.

Comment

• JayRub
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2002

Thanks greven, converting into graphic format seems to be the only viable alternative. Appreciated your help.
      Originally posted by greven grevs:
      Can't help you but I wanted to say that I have the same problem when trying to paste arabic words into AMS. I resorted to make gif files in photoshop and pasting those instead of actual text.

Comment

• Darryl
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

Here is some information discovered by one of the Indigo Rose team that may be helpful to many other users. This is in reference to Japanese text:

"The problem that AutoPlay Menu Studio has recognizing the fonts is that they are .ttc
        files which are TrueType Collection files which contain actual TTF files.
        The problem with TTC files is that they are not recognized on Windows 95,
        98 and NT 4 (from what I have read). Therefore, even if AutoPlay Menu
        Studio was able to recognize them, when distributed to Windows 95/98/NT4
        systems they would not be recognized by the operating system.

I was able to use some of these fonts by using the BREAKTTC.EXE
        program that comes with the Microsoft TrueType font SDK
        (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/truetype/ttsdk.zip) to break out the
        individual fonts. By doing this it allows AutoPlay Menu Studio to
        properly recognize and distribute the fonts.

So, at this point, here are the two possible solutions:

1. Use the BREAKTTC.EXE program to break out the TTF files as described
        above and then use the TTF files in the AutoPlay Menu Studio environment.

2. Use a paint or graphics program that supports using text and fonts to
        create images of the Japanese text and use them in AutoPlay Menu Studio as
        Graphic objects. This would give your users the assurance that their
        menus would function properly and look consistent on all systems."

If anyone else has some more information, we would all benefit from it.

------------------
        Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

Working...
        X