• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2001

Hide Files Automatically on CD

Anyone know if there a registry setting that I can set upon startup so the windows explorer does not show hidden files, even if the user's PC is set to show them? I have marked some files and directories as hidden with my CD burning program, but I'd like to go in and set the setting so they won't be able to view the contents immediately. I don't mind if it's not permanant... i.e. if they go back into their folder options in My Computer and check the "show all files and folders" option. Better yet, if we can set it back after the automenu is exited that would be good too.
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Re: Hide Files Automatically on CD

AutoPlay Menu Studio 3.0 does not have that functionality at this time. However, we are now working on v4.0 which will support extracting files from password protected ZIP files to the user's system and opening them from there. v4.0 will be out in the Spring or Summer 2002. We will let you know when we have a more solid release date.

- Brett

Comment

• AGRO
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2000

Re: Hide Files Automatically on CD

What would be nice is if the final build of the project (.exe) was just in one file. That included the zips you are talking about and any other files that you only wanted a client or customer to access through the menu. just a thought

AGRO

Comment

Working...
      X