• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Celeste
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2001

Intro AVI not playing

My intro AVI movie is supposed to play upon inserting the CD. I checked to ensure that the build placed both the startup files in the root directory and they in fact were burned on the cd. Why is my video not playing? It just goes to the startup page. Everything else is working fine. HELP!
  • Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: Intro AVI not playing

Hi Celeste,

What does the ROOT of your CD-ROM look like, perhaps you could outline the files and folders that you have there.

Also what happens is you double-click on the STARTUPV.exe file? Does your intro video play?

If you open the Autorun.inf file on your CD-ROM with Notepad, what does it say?

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Celeste
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2001

My root directory has the autorun.apm, autorun.inf, autorun.exe, startupv.exe, starupv.AP1. When I open the autorun.inf it says: [autorun] OPEN=autorun.exe ICON=autorun.exe and when I double click on the startupv.exe my avi file plays. I've tested this cd on several machines and the same thing happens.

Comment

• Mark
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jun 2000

Hi,

Your Autorun.inf should say:

OPEN=STARTUPV.exe
        ICON=autorun.exe

It sounds like you are using an old Autorun.inf file. You should re-build your AutoPlay menu and make sure that the Autorun.inf looks like the above, if it does not try editing it, and then burning.

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Celeste
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2001

Okay, this is getting weird. When I rebuild and then check to see if the autorun.inf is as you stated it should read, it is not correct. so I edit it to read the way you suggested.. Then when I go to burn the cd and begin to add the files, the startupv.exe and startupv.AP1 are gone. This has happened several times. So Autoplay is NOT building the correct autorun.inf file. What is the problem???

Comment

• Celeste
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2001

Well I figured the problem out. I re-installed Autoplay and the upgrade and then performed the build to a new drive location and everything turned out okay! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X