• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sierra
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2002

.apm and .inf

After building a project when I go to ezcdcreator to move the folder and files in preparation for burning the CD I can't get the .apm and .imf files moved to the lower window like the DATA and other files do.

I'm running Windows 98 and AutoPlay 3.x

Any help will be appreciated.

• Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: .apm and .inf

Hi,

I'm not really sure what the problem here is. What happens when you drag the Autorun.apm and .inf files to the bottom? Do you get and error? What about the Autorun.exe file? Can you burn that properly? Perhaps you need to reinstall Easy CD-Creator.

Under View -> Show Files make sure that you have "All Files" selected.

mark.

MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Sierra
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2002

Thank you for your help Mark. When I drag and drop the .exe file it makes the trip without a hitch. When I do the same with the .apm and .inf they don't show up in the folder. I checked the View feature and it is set to show All Files.

I went to a local computer cafe and installed my programs and they worked fine there.

I used the trial version of AutoPlay until it expired. When I bought the new software, I installed it without removing the expired version. I suspect that caused the problem. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled all, AutoPlay and Easy CD Creator.

Reboots, clearing cache and eveything else I could think of did not help.

[This message has been edited by Sierra (edited 01-16-2002).]

Comment

• Lorne
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Feb 2001

Could it be that EZCD Creator itself is hiding those files?

If you burn the CD, do the files end up on the CD where you expected them?

Perhaps EZCD Creator is simply hiding the files for some reason.

What version of EZCD is it, btw? 5.x? Platinum or Basic?
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Mark
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jun 2000

Hi Sierra,

I thing Lorne is on the right track. I do no think that this has anything to do with AutoPlay Menu Studio 3.0; instead I think that something is wrong with EasyCD Creator.

Having the demo version installed should not cause any harm, especially to a separate application.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Sierra
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2002

The application is Easy CD Creator, Platinum 5. I just bought it last week. I checked the View feature and it is set to show all files. I've deleted all of the files I could possibly find and reinstalled both applications at last 3 times and I wind up back where I am now. I have both installed on another computer and I'm getting the same thing there.

I don't think it is the software since I didn't have a problem with it at the local Web cafe today. I used my copy of AutoPlay and their, already intalled, copy of Easy CD Creator, Platinum 5. I whipped out a self loading CD in a few minutes.

BTW: I sure appreciate all of the suggestions and help.

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

In EZCD Creator, open your CD project, and then select File | Properties from the program menu.

Click on the File Types tab, and make sure that the "Add all files" option is selected.

Also, make sure that "Do not add Hidden files" and "Do not add System files" are not checked.

Press the "Save as Default" button to make sure the new settings are used by default in the future.

Then press "OK" to accept the changes for the current project.

I don't see any other settings in EZCD that could be having the effect you've described. (I've only been using the program for a few minutes, though, so I might be missing something.)
              --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Sierra
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2002

After about 4 installs it is finally working as it should. I think I messed up when I installed the bought version without first uninstalling the trial version.

I thank each of you for your help.

Sierra

Comment

Working...
                X